Sandhurst incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the report is as accurate as the caption 'Old Collage' I don't trust any of it.

Anyone can see it's not made from fabric and pasta ;-)
It's the Torygraph the prospect of their most fevered Brexit dreams coming true as rather gone to their heads of late.

Getting caught doesn't require you to be reported.

I imagine the 'unknown if overseas cadet' line is that overseas cadets can come from countries/cultures that take pre marital sex/affairs/females being in a male environment on their own as serious issues of family shame, which could be a driver.

Caveat - second para is all conjecture. I have no clue if she was or was not an overseas cadet. Just my thoughts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
You'd rather hope in this situation that fellow cadets would have the sense to keep their bloody mouths shut It's all very well having a disdain for overseas cadets or banging on about integrity but anyone not aware of or bothered by of the potential negative consequences of dropping a female Middle Eastern cadet in the shite should really have a good look at the state of their soul.

You'd rather hope in this situation that fellow cadets would have the sense to keep their bloody mouths shut It's all very well having a disdain for overseas cadets or banging on about integrity but anyone not aware of or bothered by of the potential negative consequences of dropping a female Middle Eastern cadet in the shite should really have a good look at the state of their soul.
Other OCdts? No OCdt reported her or anything if the sort. Do you just not read posts?

And I would repeat my plea for the thread to be locked. We are speculating and those who know can't comment, those who don't are doing so....

Agreed on the grounds that nothing reasonably constructive likely to occur pre investigation/investigation report

Yes, the same fraternisation regulations as every other Basic Training Establishment

So it wasn't that she apparently copped off after a skin full, she'll have been at risk because she broke standing orders.

Presumably, the other participant is being dealt with?

This is not only tragic in the extreme, but the offending act leading to 'the walk of shame' is also inevitable. Standby for much more of it now females can serve with anyone, anywhere.

We are an internet forum, nothing at all resembling an official source.

No need to lock the thread at this stage.
1) journalists don't care
2) family members may find this website and unknowingly read something that causes significant distress
3) OCdts at RMAS do use these threads and see 2.
4) given this has been referred to coroner's then it could be or become sub-judice, with significant impact to the site
5) given the speculation, the temptation for someone who does know something and happens over it to even deny a scenario may be quite strong, why put someone in that position?

But you are welcome to your opinion.

You do know journos are more than happy to use Arrse as a source, and do so in print?

Which is why i said there is no need to close the thread 'yet'. This is an army forum and an incident has happened involving the army - i think it's fair to discuss the incident. Unless/until it devolves into inside information, wild speculation etc.

And atm the Mods are in agreement.

Other OCdts? No OCdt reported her or anything if the sort. Do you just not read posts?

Yes, I think I said that Trigger, but in case you didn't get it I suspected that most OCdts would understand that keeping quiet in such a situation was the right thing to do.

We even had a 'no fraternisation' rule back in the days of Prison Service Training colleges.
There were a few trysts and broken marriages when I was at Wakefield '91.

I was "involved" with a female officer cadet who was onboard for initial sea training. (still under Dartmouth jurisdiction) A couple on here are aware of the details.

It was common knowledge onboard for months but - a jealous senior rating made it "official".

It buggered her career up long-term, and I deeply regret it - for her sake.

The jealous senior rate later succombed to an unfortanate accident where he "fell down a hatch". Further bad luck occurred on his subsequent drafts. I believe he was on record, the only Petty officer to mug himself of buggerall, and knock out his own two front teeth whilst inside St Levan's gate.

Dodgy at night...those dockyards...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
You do know journos are more than happy to use Arrse as a source, and do so in print?

Once perhaps, but not so much after one quoted Higgs_Bosun and was promptly sectioned.

We even had a 'no fraternisation' rule back in the days of Prison Service Training colleges.
There may have been an instruction issued but on the Prison Officers Course at Newbold Revel in early 1987 it was ignored due to being snowed in for the weekend. Instructors, Students & Domestic Staff all on the pop in the bar followed by some relaxing etc in the Green Room and bedrooms etc. No complaints and no disciplinary action taken.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
There were a few trysts and broken marriages when I was at Wakefield '91.
Indeed, I said there were rules, not that they were followed.... One girl very quickly attracted the nickname 'Sierra Bravo' because she was a right sperm bank. Bumped into her again (not in that way) at the Feltham exchange, she was still a vacuous tart.

If you were Wakefield in '91 we may well have crossed paths. Were you in training when the Grauniad did the 'School for Screws' piece? That came out when I was still learning how to open doors and wrestle people to the floor without breaking their shoulders.

There may have been an instruction issued but on the Prison Officers Course at Newbold Revel in early 1987 it was ignored due to being snowed in for the weekend. Instructors, Students & Domestic Staff all on the pop in the bar followed by some relaxing etc in the Green Room and bedrooms etc. No complaints and no disciplinary action taken.
Newbold Revel turned out officers.
Wakefield turned out screws.

Which is why i said there is no need to close the thread 'yet'. This is an army forum and an incident has happened involving the army - i think it's fair to discuss the incident. Unless/until it devolves into inside information, wild speculation etc.

And atm the Mods are in agreement.
Yes its an Army forum but liberally populated by civilians with military dreams and journalists. So lets be careful not to add petrol to a very sad situation.
Actually there is something for closing this thread Mods -just my view!

Indeed, I said there were rules, not that they were followed.... One girl very quickly attracted the nickname 'Sierra Bravo' because she was a right sperm bank. Bumped into her again (not in that way) at the Feltham exchange, she was still a vacuous tart.

If you were Wakefield in '91 we may well have crossed paths. Were you in training when the Grauniad did the 'School for Screws' piece? That came out when I was still learning how to open doors and wrestle people to the floor without breaking their shoulders.

Newbold Revel turned out officers.
Wakefield turned out screws.
Leyhill turned out Gentlemen (Governors),

Wakefield turned out Screws,

Newbold Revel turned out well balanced Officer's (I have a chip on each shoulder!!!!).

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Leyhill turned out Gentlemen (Governors),

Wakefield turned out Screws,

Newbold Revel turned out well balanced Officer's (I have a chip on each shoulder!!!!).
No names, no pack drill, but we had a former Leyhill governor in our guest rooms at Bristol for a time.

Leyhill certainly turned him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.