Sandhurst Entry

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Sandbagged, Aug 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a question for Sandhurst survivors...

What happens if you fail your BPFA upon arrival at your CC?

Is it pack your bags and go home?
    Is it remedial PT and loads more abuse from the DS?
    Or is it remedial PT with encouragement upon seeing effort, not withstanding the fact that not enough effort was put in before hand to actually pass the BPFA?

Or would one recommend deferring entry because the following five weeks would just be too much for anyone who can't pass the BPFA upon entry?
  2. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you think you won't be able to pass your BPFA on arrival at Sandhurst then I would seriously question your commitment. It is a base level assessment that anyone should be able to pass (although when I was a Tp Comd at an ATR I did have a female recruit who put in the spectacular time of 21 mins on the run).

To have got to the point that you are about to start Sandhurst would suggest that you cannot be that far off the required level; just buckle down, stay off the booze (well- cut back anyway) and use a bit of the grit and determination that you are going to need to get through the rest of the year.

Good luck!
  3. I must agree with Crusty, BPFA is not a hard thing to pass and with a little effort anyone should be able to have a solid green in all elements.

What I've been told they're looking for is constant improvement. Pass it all, then pass it better the next time etc etc. The quiet advice I was given was that an effort may be well made to pass the BPFA all green but not to the top of your ability.

Then after you've been trounced around the course, feel more tired than you ever have and still have to do another one you'll be able to still improve on your times.
  4. Sandy, ditto all the above. You probably won't be binned but if your standard of fitness is poor on arrival you are A. more likely to get injured, especially in Term 1 and B. likely to immediately stick out to the DS as someone who couldn't be arrsed to prepare, C. be a liability to your new mates who will have to carry you emotionally and maybe physically. You just have to be reasonably fit not a superman/woman. Also those who fail are on 0600 hrs remedial PT until they pass ( or were a couple of years ago) - even less sleep. An all-round bad idea not turning up half fit. Good luck, especially if you are off there this week!