SANDHURST documentary

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Negligent-Discharge, Apr 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I have just watched a documentary on a new uptake to Sandhurst. Okay, I had one eye on it and the other on work, but I heard a potential Rupert going, eventually, to see his CO about maybe having to kill someone someday and not being able to do it to defend himself or his muckers. Are potential officers thick or just thinking about the Mess, Summer Balls with Cordelia looking fragrant and them getting The Sword and Mumsy crying?

F F S!! Think about it before you join up and waste our money and time. Rant, rave...

2. This was done a while back, do a quick search and this was discussed.

3. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Okay h301593, thanks for that. My bad etc.

4. I watched it. It was good. Major L was my old boss and an absolutely top bloke. Thought he came across well.

Standout moment was the CSgt finding the rupert's boots in his black bag after he tried to blag he had not been issued them...if the cameras were not there I could imagine he would have reacted differently.

I think the individual was using the weapon system excuse to smooth his exit from S/hurst.

5. I disagree, he would have jacked it instead of completing the term and coming back for more if he just wanted out surely?

6. Could anyone believe how goddamn patient they were with all that nonsense? I mean the Commandant spoke to him and tried to passify him, there was mention of theology and everything! Me thinks that if one were joining up as a private or whatever, the SNCO's wouldn't have entertained that rubbish at all!

7. Third time I've watched the documentary, first time I've noticed that one of the Officer Cadets used to go to my ATC Squadron when I was a Corporal. I was pretty surprised.

8. Where they any good? Would you be happy being led by them?

9. I said as such to my missus....he will be a good leader, he is an idiot...etc etc...some of the candidates were outstanding.

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

The leccy para was v.good - the rest went from middling to wtf are you doing in a uniform you ****.

11. You aren't serving are you?

12. CJM

CJM Old-Salt

Could just be underhand editing though. It would fit the BBC's agenda; show the working class electrician as an all around good bloke (not suggesting that he isn't) and the middle class POs as utter twats.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does anybody have a link to the documentary please? I've heard it mentioned but not seen it.

14. Treat it as a command task

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Indeed. The ex-electrician para failed PRACTAC (something only 5% of cadets manage) but somehow that missed the final cut.

I disagree that it's just the BBC's agenda though. Sandhurst is always looking to shed it's public school image so I imagine Academy HQ were only too willing to guide the BBC toward their targets of choice.