Sandhurst Documentary

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by JC110, Sep 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DOCUMENTARY: Sandhurst
    On: BBC 4 (09)
    Date: Monday 19th September 2011 (starting in 6 days)
    Time: 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM (1 hour long)

First Encounter.
    Three-part observational documentary series shot at the Royal Military Academy over the course of a year. It follows the journey of one intake of cadets, both male and female, through the 200-year-old institution - three gruelling terms that turn them from civilians into officers, from followers into the leaders needed for the ongoing war in Afghanistan and beyond. The first programme follows the fresh-faced cadets as they struggle with the relentless routines of the first term. Strict discipline and severe physical demands will prove too much for some, as Britain's future military elite acclimatises to a different world.
    (Editor's Choice, Stereo, New Episode, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described)

This has been in the thread

Just thought I would re-post here.

Just thought I would also add the following to news articles related to the series, I am sure there will be more:

1. Sandhurst: the changing face of the Army - Telegraph
    2. Wimps need not apply: From brutal discipline to merciless 70km yomps - Sandhurst can be hell | Mail Online

And also it seem to tie in with the cadets featured on the RMAS blog. Sorry I cant post the link to that as my work comuter wont allow blog sites, but just google "RMAS Blog" and you will them. I have posted them here before as well.

Stonker spotted the update.
  2. So what can we expect in this coverage that wasn't put under the lens during the series when 'Arthur' was Commandant?
  3. It will be interesting for folk who commissioned in previous years to see what impact current operations have had on training at RMAS...
  4. Thanks and fair comment. Why didn't I consider that? Duuhhhhh?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I hope it's better than that Guns & Roses rubbish on a few years back.
  6. ‘Think of a big, sweaty blacksmith in a forge bashing a metal rod. I feel like that rod being hammered into an Army officer,’ says Elizabeth.

Unfortunate metaphor.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

8. What's with the ear defenders whilst boot bulling? Is it cut down on chatter??
  9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Was used on Crow at CIC whilst weapon cleaning for that very reason. Stopped the yakking and markedly decreased the time spent cleaning.
  10. I remember watching that the first time it came on...brilliant!

"Isn't this bloody fun?".....(just before the bullet enters Robert Lawrence's head).
  11. Comparing this with the program about training crows on BBC at the mo, it looks as if instructors at RMAS get away with alot more discipline wise. I go as far as to say Sanhurst looks alot harsher than ITC with alot more of the shouty stuff and less of the fannying around.
  12. Some ******* weak individuals trying to gain entry to The British Army on that program. As for the little encounter with the chick having a word with a female rupert, what the **** was that. Not only was she ******* crying but she was being spoken to like she was a battered child. I'm personally of the mindset that tears and potential officer who may be expected to lead soldiers into battle should result in an immediate teleporting to the square via the window followed by being beaten to a state of coma with an ammo boot. As my old dad used to say, "I'll give you something to cry about so you can get your moneys worth out of it."
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Its embarressing! The female Captain would get it though.