Sandhurst cock up?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
However for media you must give consent to be involved.

Even at RMAS. And it can't be assumed consent either.
The male cadets got a choice: consent = "Hollywood" Coy, no consent = other two Coys.

The female cadets were told they could sign the consent form or come back next intake, which seems like it might be a discrimination suit, but apparently they got away with it. The savvier female cadets just avoided the cameras and made themselves dull, undesirable or unquotable to avoid being highlighted by the production team, neither three of which are fundamentally too difficult to achieve at Sandhurst. Obviously several went in the opposite direction, which didn't go too well for them in the long term.

I know a number of people who were in that Coy and didn't want to be filmed. Most only ended up in a few background shots, one was so good at hiding from the cameras that she was onscreen only once as a 1/2 second blur during 3 hours of TV.

TOPCAT99

Clanker
latest : he has been offered a place with 2 cavalry operations. He is good to go having made an accommodation with selecteers. of the guys who came to scotland 1 is joining gds and the other 1 intake behind. They were all simply charming and shot well even the civvies! As well as coping with various scottish exigencies- burst pipe on arrival meant no water for 9 for 24 hours! Looking forward to pass out (pde) in december

Attachments

• 244720187_859205788296948_4724631681404743120_n.jpg
    244720187_859205788296948_4724631681404743120_n.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 49
latest : he has been offered a place with 2 cavalry operations. He is good to go having made an accommodation with selecteers. of the guys who came to scotland 1 is joining gds and the other 1 intake behind. They were all simply charming and shot well even the civvies! As well as coping with various scottish exigencies- burst pipe on arrival meant no water for 9 for 24 hours! Looking forward to pass out (pde) in december
Can he afford to be Cav?

Donny

ADC
It’s almost as though your first post on this thread, which started it, was utter bollocks.

Cavalry to the end: decisive, but wrong! ;)

TOPCAT99

Clanker
It’s almost as though your first post on this thread, which started it, was utter bollocks.

Cavalry to the end: decisive, but wrong! ;)
it may have turned out as you say "bollocks" but it didn't feel like that at the time! all's well that ends well i suppose

conjurer

Old-Salt
REME always looking at young thrusters to be QM's.
You can not expect all to be LE's
Why would a young thruster want to be a QM? All QMs are LEs - no DE would want to be a QM as his peers would snigger and he would no longer remain competitive against his DE peer group.

I can’t believe that a professionally qualified organisation would ’waste’ DE officers by placing them in LE posts. Can you evidence your claim?

G4Star

Old-Salt
Why would a young thruster want to be a QM? All QMs are LEs - no DE would want to be a QM as his peers would snigger and he would no longer remain competitive against his DE peer group.

I can’t believe that a professionally qualified organisation would ’waste’ DE officers by placing them in LE posts. Can you evidence your claim?
Just wanted to screw up an officers career if i am honest.

sounds horrendous but no more so than the AAC commissioning DE officers to command FARPs. ie, ground role only. Why would anyone want to do that?