Sandhurst Clay Cock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this posted on FB. Not sure how old it is (..it may be, but new to me - sorry). Just wondered if anyone's got the intriguing backstory?
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.32.44 PM.png

Just wondered if anyone's got the intriguing backstory?
Someone thought it would be funny to hide a clay cock on the clock tower of New College, so they did.

It took a few months for it to be removed.

How intriguing, eh?

Truxx

LE
Someone thought it would be funny to hide a clay cock on the clock tower of New College, so they did.

How intriguing, eh?
It's just one of hundreds of jolly japes over the years. Which whilst excellent sport at the time, and for those there at the time, another thing to look back on, but never was the expression " you had to be there" more apt.

It's just one of hundreds of jolly japes over the years. Which whilst excellent sport at the time, and for those there at the time, another thing to look back on, but never was the expression " you had to be there" more apt.
When I was there there were still tales of 'the great garden gnome hunt' aplenty. I (inbetween the vital marching, bulling and shouting practice) only ever saw one, however - the the Armourer's grotto.

How intriguing, eh?
how do you do it Holmes?

4 months FFS, was its removal used as a command task?
Some tankies super glued a dildo to the building of a rival regiment not so long ago. Carrillion (or who ever looks after the building) wouldnt deal with it immediately as it was not a priority.
There is some amusing footage of the soldiers trying to knock it down with what looks like camo poles and it flopping around.

Although the stone knob might have been there four months, maybe no one important enough noticed it.

Houseboy

Old-Salt
Don't make things up.

I've just briefed over 100 OCdts on the new intake.
They allegedly are the bright young things of the future; you have been retired longer than most will have been alive. What can you possibly brief them on of any value?

I'm sure they are all intelligent enough to find the cookhouse on their own.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
They allegedly are the bright young things of the future; you have been retired longer than most will have been alive. What can you possibly brief them on of any value?

I'm sure they are all intelligent enough to find the cookhouse on their own.
Ho, ho, ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.