Sandbags pocket money

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Animus, Aug 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon,

In an effort to get as clued up on the realities of pay before I splash out on a loan for a banger and a holiday before going next month. Could a kind soul recount the realities of how much they take home every month?

This thread has come up with some good info regarding student loans etc. as a grad I can expect to take home around £1400 after tax and student loan.

The offical line, if I remember correctly is that mess bills are £150 a month, but what does that include and how many hidden extras are there? I know for instance that the issued blazer is added to the mess bill. What would be an average splurge on beer tokens? (term dependent obviously)
  2. It varies; my biggest mess bill has been 150 and that was from ball tickets. I budgeted for £70 and have been about right each month, generally under depending on bar/fort royal spendings. Accom and food is removed from your pay automatically. I take home 1300 - 1500/month depending on JPA..... it's been 1300 for the last few; sometimes more.
  3. That's quite a nice suprise, thanks very much.