Sand coloured paint.

Vasco

War Hero
Fallschirmjager said:
I used dust on my WMIKs in Afghan. Just painted them, then threw dust on the wet paint. It was quite effective. Exactly the same colour as the surroundings.
Years ago there was an article in, I think, British Army Review, proposing the use of LPO glue size and a couple of buckets of dirt to produce a matt finish - the Army used shiny paint in those days, so you can tell how long ago it was.

Vasco said:
Fallschirmjager said:
I used dust on my WMIKs in Afghan. Just painted them, then threw dust on the wet paint. It was quite effective. Exactly the same colour as the surroundings.
Years ago there was an article in, I think, British Army Review, proposing the use of LPO glue size and a couple of buckets of dirt to produce a matt finish - the Army used shiny paint in those days, so you can tell how long ago it was.
That would be an almighty goppin mess. Just think of dust and snot all over your motor - and all over you while you waited for it to dry in a North German winter. Nasty!

Having got back on topic, is the system out of sand coloured paint?

Whilst in Iraq I was told that vehicles were to stay green etc as the ops were no longer classed as warfighting (I may be incorrect about the term used).... quite who came up with the concept I'm sure no-one will ever know!
All money related probably, as per usual!

Older_by_the_day said:
Whilst in Iraq I was told that vehicles were to stay green etc as the ops were no longer classed as warfighting (I may be incorrect about the term used).... quite who came up with the concept I'm sure no-one will ever know!
All money related probably, as per usual!
I can see some logic in that for Iraq but what about Afghanistan. Don't we need to hide things there?

Latest Threads