Sanctuary

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Bugsy, I keep asking what the benefits are, Is it being part of a club that doesnt report rape to the police? Is it the sexual abuse from your father (who was literally on your back)? Is the fact you are a smelly old man whose "friends" laugh at him behind his back?
What exactly are the benefits?
Yup, still jealous is the spackerman. So jealous that he has to make stuff up about me. Now that's a sign of reeeeel jealousy.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

Yup, still jealous is the spackerman. So jealous that he has to make stuff up about me. Now that's a sign of reeeeel jealousy.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG
What stuff am I making up Bugsy? Did the SWP fail to report a rape? Did you lie about your dad? (And your mum and your family being topped). Have you ever considered just ending it all? You can't have much to live for if all you do is wave flags and hand out pointless petitions.

What are the odds that if I and SWMBO arrive at Heathrow and claim asylum that we will be accepted? Get a council flat, welfare,and all the other goodies? Probably zero since we are white. What do my esteemed Arrsers advise? Or as we are not ''Syrians" are we screwed?
Why not post this in the NAAFI where we can go weapons free.
Probably one of the most barking mad threads ever started.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fantastic. Another thread promoting casual racism.
Well is it his racism or perhaps his frustration, if I moved to Beijing, Berlin, or even Delhi or Moscow for example, there is no chance of me acquiring or being gifted accommodation in any of those expensive prime cities, not a cat's chance in Hell, Yet it happens here!

Well is it his racism or perhaps his frustration, if I moved to Beijing, Berlin, or even Delhi or Moscow for example, there is no chance of me acquiring or being gifted accommodation in any of those expensive prime cities, not a cat's chance in Hell, Yet it happens here!
No, its racism. "Well he was going to do it to me, so I got in there first". Both you and the OP are guilty of casual racism at least then.

If you claim asylum in Berlin not only are you provided with accommodation (including 3 meals a day) while your claim is processed you are also given money and a pass, valid for 3 months, which allows free travel on all public transport throughout the city. You are also entitled to free medical care and can work for a number of charities and earn up to 84 Euros a month for doing so.

If you claim asylum in Berlin not only are you provided with accommodation (including 3 meals a day) while your claim is processed you are also given money and a pass, valid for 3 months, which allows free travel on all public transport throughout the city. You are also entitled to free medical care and can work for a number of charities and earn up to 84 Euros a month for doing so.
Maybe I can pitch up in Berlin, claiming asylum/ persecution etc. from my country's president. I do like Berlin.

It can’t be racism, if it was, widow11 would be all over this post calling people racist, alcoholics, old, fat, and apparently everyone is his related to him since they are his brother....

Fantastic. Another thread promoting casual racism.
I'm not entirely sure that this is simply a case of promoting racism.

We as a nation have moved almost full circle since the 1950s when the overt discrimination against immigrants who'd effectively been to invited to apply for work here was common place.

Whilst there are clearly still elements within the UK who promote hate against people who are not as they are: we as English Brits have reached a stage where tackling any issue involving non Anglo Saxon has become problematic. For rather than dealing with the problem head on it's more likely that we will stumble around the problem trying to avoid the possibility of being accused of racism.
Eg. To the extent where we are so sensitive of causing offence that descriptions of perpetrators of crimes frequently omit the individuals race.

As far as the OP's point that immigrants 'walk' into accommodation in the UK is concerned it's already been pointed out that this is not correct. However, having followed the migrant trail from Turkey, via Greece, Hungary and Austria, most of the young men we spoke with expressed a desire to finally land in the UK as the perception was that it was easier to acquire the things the OP mentioned here than in other parts of the Western World. Furthermore our producer, who is fluent in Arabic, was able to listen in to the conversations of these 'would be asylum seekers': the chat amongst many was that we were indeed soft touch.

Incidentally our producer was also able to ascertain through his language skills that few of the hundreds of men we spoke with were actually from Syria. Indeed we saw men from Pakistan, North Africa, Eritrea, Iran
and Egypt, all claiming to be from conflict zones. There were family groups and young men with a genuine need to reach a safe nation but these were easily outnumbered by economic migrants.

It must be frustrating for people (Black, White and Brown) who were born in the UK and who's parents are born in the UK and have not opted to move here from their country of birth in pursuit of a better life:
They are unable to find accommodation in the city they grew up in but learn from the media of the cases of very recent migrants making a fuss about the standard of property they are about to be re-housed in due to their previous tower block going up in smoke.

As a Nation we have form for institutionalised racism - as a race we Anglo Saxons have looked down on those not born white and have rightly been accused as such; unfortunately we are now overcompensating for this to the point where some Whites are falling over themselves to call others racist in order to completely exonerate themselves from potential similar accusations.

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
In that case why is it that places like the old ex Brit barracks 'Brooke Bks, and Wavell Bks and two smaller barracks in Berlin are packed with immigrants that seemed to be living out of the local restaurant skips. I saw this three months ago. My old company block in Brooke Bks, once immaculate, looked like something out of tin town of Africa.

In that case why is it that places like the old ex Brit barracks 'Brooke Bks, and Wavell Bks and two smaller barracks in Berlin are packed with immigrants that seemed to be living out of the local restaurant skips. I saw this three months ago. My old company block in Brooke Bks, once immaculate, looked like something out of tin town of Africa.
You do realise that there's a difference between immigrants and asylum seekers? The OP was talking about claiming asylum. I was simply pointing out what happens to asylum seekers in Berlin. It's all here...

Information for Refugees in Berlin - Berlin.de

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
You do realise that there's a difference between immigrants and asylum seekers? The OP was talking about claiming asylum. I was simply pointing out what happens to asylum seekers in Berlin. It's all here...

Information for Refugees in Berlin - Berlin.de
That's an interesting website there. However, if you switch it to German, there's a breakdown of where the asylum seekers/refugees are accomodated. Here:
Aktuelle Unterbringungszahlen - Berlin.de

The significant point is where they're NOT. Which is places like Nikolassee, Dahlem, Wannsee, Grunwald, Westend, etc. That's where all the really wealthy folks live in Berlin. It's probably just a coincidence.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG