San Francisco man becomes first Septic to grasp irony

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jimmys_best_mate, Dec 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SAN FRANCISCO - The Daily Telegraph spoke to Jay Fullmer, 38, who became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony yesterday.

'It was weird,' Fullmer said, 'I was in London and, like, talking to this guy and it was raining and shit and he said, like, "great weather!", or something like that.'

Said Fullmer: 'And I thought - wait a minute, it's like, no way is it great weather.'

Fullmer soon realised that the other man's "mistake" was deliberate.

'This guy was pretty cool about it,' Fullmer said.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, planned to use irony himself in future.

'I'm like saying it all the time.' he said. 'Last weekend I was like grilling steaks and I like burned them to shit, so I turned to everyone and I said "great weather!".'
  2. i sometime wonder if we Brits are the only ones who gets it .

what about the Aussies and Kiwis, even Canadians ?
  3. I get it. You people have the sickest sense of humor on the planet...but I like that. Of course, if I told a mong joke where I live, I'd be beaten to a pulp. :twisted:
  4. Canadians are more sarcastic than ironic, but once they start, they're evil for sarcasm. They can;t beat dry british wit, however
  5. Courtesy of The Onion originally, I think.

I would say 'correct me if I'm wrong' but there's no need for an invitation in the NAAFI Bar.
  6. Most likely because it would hit too close to home for comfort for most of your fellow countrymen! :twisted:
  7. hmong huh? have you moved to wisconsin?