San Francisco declares the NRA a domestic terrorist entity

When all is said and done who really gives a flying fcuk what San Francisco/California thinks, says or does. When California gets its gang and gun crime under control then maybe, (and that's a big maybe) folks might start taking them somewhat seriously.

Until then I believe that labeling the NRA a terrorist organisation is laughable, especially when it was the ACLU, a left leaning organisation that stopped the mental health background checks dead in it's tracks. No outrage and gnashing of teeth from the media though when the ACLU did that.

Or highlight the bit of text you want to bold, then click the B, or any other button of your choosing, so you can put in even less effort while flitting about, enhancing bits of prose at random.
Always a student...

What? Have i come across as illiberal?
No sir, I merely meant that had you been one of the gullible I'd have still helped you out. One must always try and help out the less fortunate in life, they're more to pitied than scorned.

We will agree to disagree on this.
No problem for me.
I anticipated as much--yet another reminder of the effect of the pond separating us from the land overtaken by solar panels and windmiills. Ironic but not surprising much of the "Climategate" scandals had "eastern" origins.

But of course from a federal law standpoint, "proper and legal channels" only prohibit a person from knowingly transferring a firearm to a person who is not lawfully allowed to possess it. There is no requirement to perform a background check.
I generally don't sell mine. I just hoard them.

Your prejudice is showing my dear fellow and does nothing but further undermine your bona fides as "merely" being concerned on a principled humanitarian basis about firearm deaths in the US.

Indeed, it might even cause reasonable minds to wonder if your views on this subject are just the slightest bit ideological and partisan such that your unspoken end game is actual elimination of all firearms for precisely the reason feared by our Founders when they included the 2d Amendment and it bears remembering that it is 2d only to free speech in tacit order of importance in the context of all the Bill of Rights which were specifically included in the Constitution due to a well-grounded concern about a federal government exceeding its authority and trampling on the Natural (not given by government but inherent in being human) rights of the citizenry.
Actually Beto the bellowing felon stated "Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47..." after mischaracterizing the design and purpose of the weapons he was conflating them with.

If he can't pass the background check, why should anyone that can be allowed to have a gun?

When all is said and done who really gives a flying fcuk what San Francisco/California thinks, says or does. When California gets its gang and gun crime under control then maybe, (and that's a big maybe) folks might start taking them somewhat seriously.

Until then I believe that labeling the NRA a terrorist organisation is laughable, especially when it was the ACLU, a left leaning organisation that stopped the mental health background checks dead in it's tracks. No outrage and gnashing of teeth from the media though when the ACLU did that.
CA is in the 43rd place of the 50 states in terms of death per population through gun violence at about 7.8 per 100k people. Compared to even Jonsey's beloved WY, which stands at about 17.5 ...or almost twice of CA.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
CA is in the 43rd place of the 50 states in terms of death per population through gun violence at about 7.8 per 100k people. Compared to even Jonsey's beloved WY, which stands at about 17.5 ...or almost twice of CA.
Suicide is painless with a 9mm...

31D522AD-F8F9-4638-8852-4CA7255BB0EF.jpeg

Just imagine eating this, .455 Webley. Job jobbed.

Suicide is painless with a 9mm...

View attachment 417748

Just imagine eating this, .455 Webley. Job jobbed.
Careful now, apparently WY ranks 3rd highest (26.9 per 100k population) in the U.S. in terms of suicide by gun, while CA is at almost the very bottom (10.5 per 100k).

I guess not having much to do can drive a person to suicide.

Source: CDC...but facts don't really matter anyways.

Is that a fact? Pray tell where you got that information because the most recent complete statistics for any jurisdiction in Los Angeles County were for 2012, and that was for only one year. As of 2017, the Los Angeles Police Department hasn't released any complete numbers since 2009.

However when reporting to a Los Angeles city committee and I quote
" Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Robert Arcos told the council's Public Safety Committee that 214 people were injured by firearms in the city between Feb. 24 and April 27, with the bulk of them -- 160 -- attributed to gang activity."

Oh and there is this.

Long Beach, Los Angeles, Newark, Oakland and Oklahoma City – are the U.S. capitals of gang homicide. The CDC’s National Violent Death Reporting System, comparing gang and non-gang data on violence and homicide reported.

Is that a fact? Pray tell where you got that information because the most recent complete statistics for any jurisdiction in Los Angeles County were for 2012, and that was for only one year. As of 2017, the Los Angeles Police Department hasn't released any complete numbers since 2009.

However when reporting to a Los Angeles city committee and I quote
" Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Robert Arcos told the council's Public Safety Committee that 214 people were injured by firearms in the city between Feb. 24 and April 27, with the bulk of them -- 160 -- attributed to gang activity."

Oh and there is this.

Long Beach, Los Angeles, Newark, Oakland and Oklahoma City – are the U.S. capitals of gang homicide. The CDC’s National Violent Death Reporting System, comparing gang and non-gang data on violence and homicide reported.
CDC - includes suicides and other forms of gun violence though.

NRA was actually a pretty good organization to start off with and for most years was in favor of controls etc. but then started to became this sort of right wing lobby led by Lapierre for even the most basic controls like background checks for all sales.

I don't think anyone is trying to "take your guns" just the most basic laws put in place. And for the record, I don't think SF is right in trying to say the NRA is a terrorist org, that is complete crap.

Latest Threads