San Francisco declares the NRA a domestic terrorist entity

Apologies if done elsewhere, but whilst most peoples' attention is distracted by the events surrounding Brexit here, this motion has been passed in the Peoples Republic of California,

Now the NRA is not my cup of tea by a long shot, but this?.

It seems intolerance of the views of others is something effecting politics on both sides of the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Apologies if done elsewhere, but whilst most peoples' attention is distracted by the events surrounding Brexit here, this motion has been passed in the Peoples Republic of California,

It seems intolerance of the views of others is something affecting politics on both sides of the Atlantic.
This, being the same San Francisco that honoured Martin McGuiness...

You really couldn't make it up..:rolleyes:

The mess is a result of not accepting the views of those who voted for Brexit or elected Trump. Both were returned as results of legitimate polls of the eligible populace.

The trouble arises from the views of those who lost that the votes of those who won have no worth.

The mess is a result of not accepting the views of those who voted for Brexit or elected Trump. Both were returned as results of legitimate polls of the eligible populace.

The trouble arises from the views of those who lost that the votes of those who won have no worth.
It's a case of two countries' populations polarized and divided almost equally in half.

In reality its pathological. Those who are set on the path of creating a new progressive Jerusalem, are infused with a messianic complex and the mission has mentally swallowed them up.. Anything, which stands in its way, is not just another side of a debate, but an enemy who is probably mentally ill and needs to be crushed.

When suddenly, positions of power falls to the other side. Its unacceptable to the progressives and they agitate, dig for dirt and look for any quick fix short of violence and sometimes stray close in its pursuit. The progressives have control of education and have being able to grow its membership since the 60s and its pretty scary stuff to watch.

What can be done about it... I would say people like Jordan Peterson and the promotion of truth, even if its a hard truth is a better way to defeat them, than electing similar types from the opposing spectrum. However, in the short term that seems the only thing open to us, thanks to the system we live in.

Don't you have access to the internet?

In America at least, it's the other way round.

Really? I seem to recall the losing side having quite the little tantrum which has been ongoing now for POTUS' entire time in office.

It seems intolerance of the views of others is something effecting politics on both sides of the Atlantic.
I'm guessing that card-carrying members of the NRA have killed more US citizens than AQ and ISIS...

Interesting programme on BBC R4 the other day about how the Black Panthers made use of (apparently, largely forgotten) open carry laws in California in the 1960s to legally shadow police activities with armed activists. NRA was party to the move to introduce gun control to state law to prevent this.

LINK: BBC Radio 4 - The Political Butterfly Effect, Did the Black Panthers change the NRA?

(EDIT - added link)

Last edited:
What can be done about it... I would say people like Jordan Peterson and the promotion of truth, even if its a hard truth is a better way to defeat them, than electing similar types from the opposing spectrum. However, in the short term that seems the only thing open to us, thanks to the system we live in.
Jordan Peterson is a mouthpiece of the extreme-far-right, hell-bent on undermining our efforts to promote our rights to be addressed by pronouns of our choosing. He wants everyone to conform to reality. Have you seen his lectures of hate?

Really? I seem to recall the losing side having quite the little tantrum which has been ongoing now for POTUS' entire time in office.
That's probably because winning and losing in American presidential elections have little to do with either the "views of those who lost" or "the votes of those who won."

When you've been told your entire life how great democracy is, it's probably a little galling to discover you don't actually live in one.

I am out of my depth here...but when Hillary wins the most votes overall (not that I care for her - didn't vote) but in Brexit when most people vote to leave - but a lot are opposing - what's democracy and what's not?

Latest Threads