Samsung Tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by skid2, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Santa. Bless her, arrived early and dropped off a Samsung Tab. It's the 7" one, for portability which according to Santa was a bit of a ballox to find as they are plugging the new 10" one.
    Hints, tips, stuff that the little bugger just can't live without. All gratefuly received. I should point out that I am so ofay with computer games I have medal of honour on the laptop and for the last three months have been getting zapped by snipers and am unable to leave the upstairs bedroom and find the tank crew. This is a source of some amusement to those in the restaurant who regularly ask if I've escaped yet.

Ebooks, notes and music is really all I want it for so I'm asking a question I should have asked earlier but unwilling to risk the withering look of Ms Skid....Will it run itunes, or do I have to completely reshoot all my music on another unfamilier layout.
    Many thanks

Oh yeah anybody know how to escape from the upstairs room?

2. Yes, you turn off your computer and go and talk to real people face to face. Hope this helps

3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Thank you but the prevailing opinion from computer geeks is that I spend less time talking to real people face to face and more time on the computer.
    You wouldn't by any chance be attempting to confuse me

4. First off, you bought an Android Device, congratulations. I got my daughter the 7" Galaxy tab about 6 months ago, and she loves it. Instead of itunes for all your apps, you have the market, which is comparable. There are apps that can synch with itunes, but how good they are I don't know:

How to Sync iTunes to Your Android Phone - How-To Geek
    Gadgetbox - How to get an iTunes-like experience on Android
    Android Users Can Wirelessly Sync With iTunes Using This Free App - Business Insider

ebook wise, there are 5 or 6 options available on the market. I use mantano for almost all of my reading (I use my android phone), but I have the kindle app for the odd mobi book I get. Search the market, and you'll find the others (fbreader, coolreader, ireader, aldiko, laputa, etc)

Mantano Reader for Android « « Mantano - Let's build innovative software - eBooks, Dictionary, Notes, Android, Epaper, e-paper, elearning, e-learning Mantano – Let's build innovative software – eBooks, Dictionary, Notes, Android, Epaper,
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=red_lnd_shrt_url/192-4259234-2778540?ie=UTF8&docId=165849822&tag=armrumser-20

For notes, I use Springpad, but I hear evernotes is extremely popular

Springpad: a free app that helps you remember
    Remember Everything | Evernote Corporation

Don't forget to create an account with Dropbox, for storing 2Gb files online. You can u/l or d/l files from the tablet/ pc/ other device, and also share them with others.

https://www.dropbox.com/home#:::
    Dropbox <---- my referral link

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Am thinking of asking Santa for a tablet this xmas - can anyone offer suggestions - wifi is fine - don't need 3G.

6. Take a look at the Toshiba Thrive - Android 3.2 with ICS "coming soon". I like mine - no 3G; WiFi only ...

7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer