Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung A8 formatting problems

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Folks, this may be user error, or indeed the screen/chair interface, but I am having a weird problem using my phone to connect to arrse. It doesn't happen when I use other sites from the phone, or arrse from the laptop.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but after the last arrse upgrade I chose to view through arrse rather than chrome, so I now get a little picture of Mr. Mushroom head before arrse loads.

I switch my phone off overnight, and first thing in the morning, the first time I click through to arrse from a notification mail, it formats properly, all the buttons, menus, etc are as expected and as before. However, as soon as I change screens, maybe click on the notification bell, or try to use the dropdown menu, the screen reformats in to a great long list of text in different colours. It's impossible to differentiate between posts and threads, and all the search functions become impossible to use.

My phone is running Android 9 and one UI version 1.0. It was last updated on 2nd September, although the security patch level is dated 1st August.

Is it just me? Can anyone help?

Thank you

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you tried opening Chrome on your phone and visiting the Arrse website that, do you still get the same issue?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I need to go back to opening in Chrome, just need to work out how.

At present it looks like all the forms and frames have run away, and the text is thrown at the screen from a great height, with the order 'ok lads, scatter'!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks folks. I uninstalled the arrse app, restarted the phone, and was asked whether to open arrse in Chrome or the arrse app. Selected Chrome, and all arrsey loveliness has returned.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads