Same old thing

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tired of my RSig Troop's only radio kit being a glorified mobile phone?

Tired of going on exercises to the same field in a training area again and again?

Doing the same routine again and again?

Can't see anyway out?

Sorry, but I've just come off a cse where another reg. in the bde. are doing comms exercises at airports etc. compared to us sitting in the same barn all the time....

I spoke to a couple of the seniors about this and was told lack of confirmed numbers is the reason nothing can be planned?

Anyone else in the same situation?
  2. msr

msr LE

Try a different capbadge ;)

3. Thanks for that lol
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Not R Sigs but here goes:

That airport scenario would have probably involved the airport authority, security, possibly the police etc, etc. If you plan all of that, have the numerous conferences, write the long exercise instructions etc and 8 blokes turn up, then frankly you and the unit look daft.

When numbers are low or uncertain, it is safer to book a field in the middle of nowhere so no one can see you, and you have not disadvantaged anyone/called in any favours to do so.

If you have large numbers, it is worth putting other people to work to plan more interesting training.
    Unfortunately, breaking the chain is the hard part. Boring repetetive training leads to low attendance, which leads to...etc.

The CoC needs to take the leap of faith and start to book more interesting training, and hope that more people start to attend. The soldiers need to have some faith in the CoC, and more importantly, start to turn up. You reap what you sow, and that applies equally to the CoC AND the soldiers.
  5. What ever happened to TA combined training, I mean, Inf, Sigs and Arty on the same ex? Used to happen and they were by far the best.
  6. Camp last year, involved nearly every cap badge, RN and the RAF on Ex Griffin Focus.
    We are on the same Ex next year, how we are going to get (?) Bde and 2 Med Bde to talk to BOWMAN equipped regular/TA units is a good question.
  7. Morse, Semaphore, and Heliograph.....! :D