Same Officer accused of cover up,,,,,again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fooboy, May 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fcuk me. Some journo went to university and with that standard of writing was allowed to graduate? There should be a law barring sentient beings from reading the Express. I felt like I lost 20 IQ points reading that.

2. It was far worse in the 1970s, but funny enough,
    no one thought to complain then.

We had an airman locked in a wooden locker,
    and thrown out of the window two floors up,
    but didn´t give it much thought at the time.

We had a minger and I was under orders to
    fill his bed with used tea leaves etc,
    it happens to us all, but you just get over it.

Bill.

3. Hey how about this one for a torture reenactment,

Get a group of people to dress up in tin can armour,
    and then have a group attack them with cattle prods! 8O

Bill.

4. I remember my first section commander (in 80s) telling me his initiation was being held down, dildo ***********, chucked in a locker with CS gas pell set off, locker padlocked, then locker chucked down a flight of stairs.

Merry japes indeed. I was f***ing terrified! Thank christ bullying had died down by the time I joined.

5. Has anyone else had their bed carried outside whilst they were sleeping, and placed on the parade ground?
    I woke up to see a landrovers headlights, and rain falling on my head, took a moment or two to realize what had happened! :lol:

To survive in this world we must also laugh at ourselves sometimes.

Bill.

6. Yes, and funny pranks like that even happen here in the US branches of the military. However, those are pranks. That is a helluva lot different then being pissed on, shit smeared all over you, and your personal belongings/money stolen. That is not a "prank." Its, in my opinion, a criminal act and very unprofessional.

There needs to be a line drawn, from the command staff on down, what is a prank, and what is "over the top."

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well some people did complain and an RSM from a Lowland Regt got binned for the bullying culture in his Bn in late 70s early 80s.

Also it sounds like you were the one doing the bullying, and not only that but you were letting someone tell you what to do.

'didn't give much thought to it' and 'you just get over it' sounds like you were kissing so much ass to make sure you were not the one bullied.

What a tosser.

You would not know the difference between hard training and bullying. I only hope you are so far from the services now (if you ever have been) that you don't spread such crap.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have just looked at 'bodmin-bills' website. That must be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

If bodmin bill = bill medway at Arnhem then I am sorry and withdraw my remarks of tosser.

You are not that good.

9. a very fine line between bullying and gripping someone nowdays,i was in in the 80's and was part of the old fun and jokes,put it this way i would love to come across some of these jokers now

10. I was on the recieving end of more than I gave out, but it was mostly pranks, that sometimes sadly got out of hand .
    I was terrified sometimes too, but you got through it like I said.

I had my bed set on fire whilst sleeping, just like the next man, but I don´t complain about it, and never thought of telling the Sergeant, just wasn´t done old chap. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Bodmin-Bill.

11. Or was it you were worried that your complaints would fall on deaf ears, like the officer Brigadier Kennett allegedly did as mentioned in the express article. After all there looks on the face of it that Kennet allowed a culture of bullying to exist under his commend he has been implicated twice now and one is going to the high courts not looking very good for the army's reputation when investigating one self........again.

If it is true what he has been alleged to have said to this women, why did he not stamp it out, im sure if he was proactive in anti bullying polices, that are one part ones every week, this sort of thing in the papers would not be coming out.

12. Auld-Yin writes

Well that is brave from someone sitting safe behind a keyboard
    in the comfort of his own home :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another thing "Auld-Yin", If you don´t like my Website,
    well put your actions were your mouth is and show me your Website Matey :wink:

....and yes I was bullied, only because I had an "education" and wanted to stay in the ranks,
    I was damned if I was going to complain and give them the satisfaction of knowing that they were
    "putting me down". It was just a short tour during my service, the rest was ok.
    I got through it, and that was that, enough said.

Bill.

13. It is shocking in this day and age people treat each other so appaulingly - pranks on one another are all fair and well - but bullying some one to near suicide is awful in any aspect of life - and definately should not occur in the armed forces! And that a senior officer allowed it to continue is much worse - officers have a duty of care towards their men - and are supposed to stop this kind of behaviour from occuring - not just ignore it!

14. Hi Green Girl,

The thing is that most of it starts out as a harmless prank,
    but some people do not know when to stop, then it becomes
    dangerous.

On my Squadron at RAF Brize Norton 1987, a young airman said
    "Fcuk the Queen!", so a group of Gunners shaved his head,
    and used his head as an ashtray, burning his skin.
    Then they tied a rope around his legs, and looped it over a roof stay in the hanger (and they are very high).
    The other end was tied to a landrover, and he was hoisted up to the roof, and lowered down several times!
    The five HQ Gunners were sent down to do time, before returning to the unit several months later. The poor lad left the RAF Regiment.

I was posted to the Squadron HQ Flight a few days after the event (I had been bullied at my previous Squadron, and once before that in 1973).

Bill.