Same info, different result!

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
OK, bear with me...

About 3/4 months ago (ish) I ran my info (Service dates) through the online calculator. I did this again yesterday with exactly the same info/dates (triple checked) and my IP has reduced by £1279/yr. The gratuity aspect has also reduced by £3837.

I have saved copies with the ID codes in each case so I know I am not going mad.

Could someone explain? Have recent amendments been made to the calculator?

Last edited:

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
If you are a Forces Pension Society just send the forecasts to pensionenquiries@forpen.co.uk and either David or Anthony will check it for you and give you the correct figures.

My guess is that you are an AFPS 75 member and your second pension forecast was not calculated against the Nurses Pension Code which, of course, is higher than the normal pension code.

If you are not a member but are interested in learning about us, please follow the link on this page.

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
I am in the AFPS75 scheme. Both projections were using the nurses figures.

I have re-checked that all info entered was the same. The calculator must've been amended!

I was a member but let it lapse as I was struggling to justify the £30+ fee. I guess this could be it!

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
Just noticed that the higher figures were worked out using v15.00 of the calculator and the latest were from v16.00 so they must've made a mistake and after realising, adjusted the calculator!

Watch out for this now and in the future ladies and gents!

Latest Threads