Sam Browne

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Doctor_and_the_Medics, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK.. I need some advice...

I have a Sam Browne that needs to look as shiny as a new penny. I have never done this before.

Do I use Kiwi, elbow grease, bulling etc.? Do I need anything more exotic.? How do I do this, without it leaving wax on my Tunic?

Cheers....

(save all the humourous comments for later - I am in a rush!!)

2. Find a guards unit nearby and one of the Toms will sort out for a small donation...................

3. You will find ample instruction available on this BB if you open your eyes!
    You should NEVER ask one of our Gentlemen to do what you are not willing to try to do yourself, as for guidance and hands on instruction the Troops are normally more than willing to assist for a LARGE donation, (normally a yellow handbag will suffice)

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Bull with Kiwi, as you would a pair of shoes etc. It is generally less time consuming than footwear because the leather is smoother. In the long term, find someone who can do a professional job with beeswax etc which will last much longer.

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Do the brass first, that way if yuo get brasso/duraglit on the leather (which you invariably will) you won't fukc the shine on the leather.

6. You will need to burn it down before bulling back up. Get someone who knows what they are doing to have a shot at this. Wellington Barracks, Aldershot or Windsor would be your best bet for finding some G'men to do it for you.