Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by phil37, Aug 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The other day, the Sqn was stood in a gaggle with the 2IC (Capt) present. As a Lt strolled by, the SSM through a gasket because no one brought the Sqn up. Would this have been correct with the 2IC present?
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If the 2IC - Capt was on parade with the Sqn then he was the senior officer present and would certainly not bring the Sqn up for mere Lt.
  3. SSM was badly out of order.
  4. You salute Lt's???

5. Did the Lt salute the Capt? If not, the SSM should have had a go at him.
  6. I think you should investigate the SSM's background - he has either been replaced by some kind of replicant alien, is a Walt or is incredibly incompetent.
  7. Maybe a Walting incopetent replicant.
  8. A "Winkoplant" or a "Waltoplant"

9. Surely you should just touch them when no buggerz lookin! :twisted:
  10. Good Lord, a Lt should consider himself lucky if I remove my hand from my pants when he comes into my workshop. :D
  11. Christmas day lunchtime. Cookhouse, 32 Armd. Hohne. Young 2lt spammed for duty on Christmas day: "Lcpl have you been drinking?" Lcpl Paddy O****: "Does your mother know you are out?"
  12. as the squadron was apparently in a "gaggle" not on parade, i'm sure the SSM would have been somewhat mollified if somebody in the vicinity had at least chucked one up for a passing officer? and if someone had brought the assembled throng to attention, i'm sure the 2i/c would have known it did not apply to him and simply called out "morning, Rodney!" :)
  13. Do we play in the Int Corps forums (less for the Word Association)? No. We don't. Step away from JPA and RHQ young un, if you know what's good for you. I might have to set B and T or JT on you, and if all else fails, the dog. Then you'll be sorry. :roll:

I dunno, you make someone a MOD.... :D
  14. Must be a pretty thick LT to wonder past a gagle of soldiers with an ssm AND A RODNEY on parade!

unless of course he should be part of the parade and simply did not recognise the soldiers under his command, and not giving a feck about the ssm!
  15. must be a pretty strange "oldgoat" to conflate the words "gaggle" and "parade"?

dale, step away from the gin bottle :)