saluting question

In a church,caps off, National Anthem played does the senior officer present replace cap and salute?

i would have thought that the national anthem would override the ol' caps off indoors rule, especially if one was saluting the crown. Hmm, interesting query though...

essexbob said:
In a church,caps off, National Anthem played does the senior officer present replace cap and salute?
Not normally. The only time men wear head dress in a church is when carrying colours, and then it is removed when the colours are installed on the sanctuary. Correct form would be to stand to attention.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Attention is sufficient if memory serves me correct.

attention and that includes females wearing head-dress.

Thanks chaps you have just won me a bottle of Mr Warres finest. I will salute each one of you a glass each. In your absence of course :D

on that point, does the Army regard female officers and soldiers as ladies (hence keeping headress on) rather than officers soldiers, as they keep hat on?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
barbarasson said:
on that point, does the Army regard female officers and soldiers as ladies (hence keeping headress on) rather than officers soldiers, as they keep hat on?
Not really Barbasson - it was just understood that it is more practical to let them wear their 'hats' than have everyone waiting around while they spent good drinking time trying to put said 'hats' back on their bonce.

Ah. I always wondered why females kept their headdress on in church. Here was me thinking it was some form of tradition, but instead it appears it is simply another method of getting people to the bar earlier :?

Ghost :D

Apparently our beautiful locks will distract the weak male soul from it's dedication to queing for the free wine. Hence we are destined to remain wearing the most unattractive hats known to man (with the exception of water polo caps with the funky ear protectors)

1 Corinthians 11:4-10
Every man praying or prophesying, having [his] head covered, dishonoureth his head.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
For this cause ought the woman to have power on [her] head because of the angels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AlphaKennyThing The Training Wing 173
Mick_Piper Infantry 27
Blyth_spirit Officers 23