Saluting in the Army

Ok i have a problem with my hand. I cant bring my little finger in with the others so there is a gap when i salute. And its a permanent injury but everything else is ok heaves, jerry can etc. Does anyone have a similar problem and do you think this could stop me getting in. Thanks

I think the fact you've been tagged as an Oxygen thief pre-basic will stop you getting in as you are clearly a throbber of the first water.

Billboard said:
Ok i have a problem with my hand. I cant bring my little finger in with the others so there is a gap when i salute. And its a permanent injury but everything else is ok heaves, jerry can etc. Does anyone have a similar problem and do you think this could stop me getting in. Thanks
Chop it off, job done.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Had same problem never caused me any bother.
If it concerns you greatly join the Vulcan Navy, you will fit in. :D

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Billboard said:
Please im just trying to get a serious answer.
No seriously, my little finger sticks out about 1/2 an inch from the rest of my hand when saluting but I cant recall anybody ever noticing and believe me i did a lot of saluting!

Billboard said:
Please im just trying to get a serious answer.
If you had posted this without a reference to saluting, and asked a straight forward medical question, you might have received a straight answer.

As far as an answer goes, I would go with the 'Chop it Off' theory, or my preference, the 'Smash it to Pieces so That it no Longer Offends' theory.

See what happens when you get tagged?

jarrod248 said:
No I've worked it out now he's a sweet sherry drinker and it's an involuntary habit. Keep the pinky down dear.
Pinky up was always more your style though ducky ;)

Simples! Avoid officers and if you see them, look all stroppy and walk away without saluting with a "fukc you" look on your face, you'll be dead popular and everything will think you're well hard, especially the WO's and all SNCO's and JNCO'.

Or, break the finger and set it back in lkine with the rest...

That's all I got for you...

jarrod248 said:
No I've worked it out now he's a sweet sherry drinker and it's an involuntary habit. Keep the pinky down dear.
No dear, that's drinking tea with the Parish Priest, not supping cheap Saffa Sherry with the Diocesan Bishop!

Stick your fingers up your arsehole and i'm sure all will be clear.