• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Saluting during National Anthem and Last Post.

As a Senior NCO I should really know this, but to be sure I wanted clarification.

I'm attending the local Rememberance Parade tomorrow in uniform and have been asked by the local RBL to lay a wreath.

However, I can recall Officers & WO's saluting during the playing of the last post and National Anthem but I have alway been in amonst the ranks and so not saluted.

Therefore, should I be saluting or is this only done by Officers & WO's on Parade.

Thanks to anyone that can clarify this for me before I make an ass of myself in front of all the old boys.

If it's a formed up parade with someone giving commands then Officers and WOs salute. If it's a collection of bods standing around a memorial then everyone in uniform should salute.

With the utmost respect to RBL, it can sometimes be difficult to tell if the parade is formed up or not :D If in doubt salute.

Latest Threads