Saluting at ITC Catterick

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by smallbrownprivates, Jan 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any truth to the rumour that recruits at ITC are refusing to salute junior officers and the CO is having to give them a chat about saluting the queens commission not the wearer?

Polle if posted before
  2. A quiet chat with the CO, I am surprised that they are not having some remedial PT at the request of the RSM!!
  3. You should see the way they conduct themselves when they get outside that front gate. Luckily enough the hill billies from Catterick and Colburn are too thick to complain.

It's not just the Toms either. I was walking through Tesco with my youngest when some boy of a Captain walked directly at me expecting me to move aside. There was plenty room for both of us, but he obviously felt he was higher up on the food chain. I moved him quite forcibly sideways with my arm. He wasn't chuffed. An arrogant man if ever I met one. If that's the example that 'young' officers are setting, it's hardly surprising that their Toms don't respect them.
  4. Biscuits,

You shouldn't have moved him sideways with your arm, you should have clothes-lined the fecker!
  5. The next thing these stroppy little recruits will want is a federation......
  6. Perhaps the Infantry RSM wants to have a quiet word with the RSMs of the Infantry Training Centre Bns.....

Did you know the Infantry have got a Corps RSM now? About time too! Having the AcSM at RMAS claiming to be the senior RSM and most of the time having less combat ops than a Highlander or a Ranger was a bit cheeky really....

7. Where do people here this crap
  8. I wonder if this thread will end being quoted by the Scum???
  9. Infantry "Corps" RSM? Who? Where? When? I always thought the RSM School of Infantry Warminster was the Infantry RSM. Is there still such a being?
  10. The Inf SM is at the School of Infantry (which is colocated with ITC Catterick).
  11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Known alterantively as the Centre RSM perhaps? That position has been around since the mid 90's. When did he get renamed?
  12. It got remained when the Commandant became a Brigadier and took command of the School of Infantry (ITC, Brecon etc). Still effectively the Centre RSM but accompanies the Brigadier on his visits etc.
  13. Who is he then, name wise?

14. most intelligent comment i've heard all night.
  15. Shoudl have took his name and reported him :wink: :lol: