(salute)....

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by L999here, Mar 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a short note from a thankful Yank and retired military member (USAF-34yrs). Appreciate the continued backing from the military of the British Empire...United Kingdom(?)...in Afganistan and Iraq. The Brits have backed and fought with the United States in every war and conflict since WW1. And most Americans rightly believe that the Brits are our staunchest ally in this troubled world. Keep up the fight....millions are free today because our military's have fought for freedom...side-by-side...for almost 100 yrs. (salute)...

2. We managed to avoid that Vietnam business.

3. Hello there, fellow citizen. But, is this really supposed to be in CA?

Also, the "military of the British Empire?" Really?

4. Ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh. You'll have the Antipodeans on later, reminding us of their membership of our Empire, and their work with 'Charlie'.

5. And the Scots!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers, however are you ready to ******* apologise for taking 'u' from colour and 's' from maths?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Instead of thanking us, could you send us any kit you have left lying around? 500,000 M16s and a few hundred million rounds would do it.

8. Coming on ARRSE might not be the best way to show thanks, although "you're welcome". You could write to CDS, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
    Regards

BL

9. ...LOL...really got some panties in a knot with that one...!!! Seriously,there were thousands of Brit citizens who volunteered in the US military from 1960-1972. And the Aussie's sent several units...combat and support...to Viet-Nam as well. The neighbor to the north...Canada...also just didn't accept our 'draft-doggers'...many also joined the US military and fought as well as any of our guys. Freedom isn't free...and must be defended and fought for in every generation.

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Our continued support of the US's global adventures are a small price to pay for the wonderful things you've brought us. It's us who should be thanking you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And obviously:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, of course, we sat around on our arses for a few years while Germany chased your GIs back to Dunkirk, bombed the shit out of your cities, and then only when Nippon had a go, we decided to jump in and back you! Sod off you crimplene wearing tartan sports jacket posing camera clicking waiter insulting patronising jug eared hillbilly sister fornicating semi literate potential member of the House of Congress twat.

Norman ******* Rockwell my arse.

• Like Like x 1
  12. By the way, they don't like you in Canada either!

13. I'll get him the Demestos and calm him down, make sure no Yanks wander near him while I'm gone. :)

• Like Like x 1