Salute to Officers at Headley Court

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Str8Bloke, Feb 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On arriving at Headley Court tonight I saw that someone has reserved all the best parking places for officers, that is closer to the building than the very few disabled places. The places even had the car registrations written down on a big sign, on sticks, saying "reserved Officers only."
    Obviously whoever placed these signs (?RAF/Civvy?) does not know enough about the mighty breed of men, and women, who carry the Queen's commission!
    I was massively chuffed to see that ALL the places were left empty at 2000hrs, No doubt they will remain so- or get filled by men, injured in battle, who have difficulty walking- there's a few down here.
    My eyes start to fill up when I think of the officers refusing their parking spots, and enduring extra chafing from their amusingly coloured corduroy trousers, to park with us peasants.
    Surely it is this spirit of cheerful sacrifice which makes British officers the envy of all the lesser nations who haven't fought against us. Gawd Bless you Sirs, and Maams too!
  2. Heard the civvy staff at Leatherhead all parked out front usually, last year, being so "vital". The clients were asked to have refreshing walks to their cars parked round the back. I may be wrong and it may not be true. Of course that will have changed now I expect and attitudes have definitely altered. :?
  3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Agree with you mate, I have a blue badge but will park in another parking place if available as there is always someone worse than me
  4. Is it a possibility that the reserved places are also medical staff who can be called on for an emergency?
  5. Rank has it's privileges. Suck it up, cupcakes.
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Only one place for this, the specially reserved forum for crap threads and it's all yours 8 Ace!
  7. Doubtful that the cars are medical staff. A couple of hairdressers judging by the MX5s- difficult for a limbless bloke to climb into tho.
    The signs on the sticks just state officers mess overspill parking, rather than emergency staff or some worthwhile excuse.
    Spanish Dave is right, 5 minutes down the Traf gym reminded me of my duties to those less fortunate (or more broken) than me. It's a short walk for me, but some of the lads...
    Rank is a burden. It's not to hide behind or take advantage of.
    I posted here in the belief that I could kick-start the humility and decency once taken as a given.
    Forastero; glad I upset you, you must be the reason this bit of ARRSe is so under used.
  8. I can't believe you've come into the most hallowed part of Arrse with your negative stereotypes about the disabled. You should hang your head in shame - just because somebody has no legs doesn't mean they can't drive an MX5. Think of the upset your comments might cause.
  9. It also has its responsibilities.
  10. This is the worst thread I have ever seen, and I apologise for keeping it going. It has nothing to do with staff college or staff officers, and should have started in the NAAFI bar. I cannot comprehend the banality of thought that started it.

I am going to go to Headley Court, find these spaces and park in one of them all day long, and spend the day mountain biking around the area as an act of revenge for Str8Bloke's terrible, terrible initial post.