Salmond's Coming Back!

Having done the compulsary Jarrod-compliant search and found only a thread titled 'Salmond's Gone', I thought it might be nice for ARRSErs to reflect on 'Wee 'Eck's' intention to return to Westminster via the Aberdeenshire constituency of Gordon.
I thought they had their own Parliament to play in but if Salmond really wanted to make a difference he'd have been better becoming an MEP.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I find that Salmon Roe isn't quite as tasty as proper Sturgeon Caviar. But each to their own I suppose.

How tedious

What does he think he can achieve? Other than bore us all to death with his bollox?

He failed in his lifetimes ambition to lead Scotland to glorious independence, now his plan for revenge means getting himself in to Westminster so we have to continue listening to his whining.

I know not very relevant however the Aberdeen area voting over 100,000 (87% turnout) against the Scottish referedum perhaps the same result will go against Mr Salmond when contesting Gordon Browns old seat.

last desperate bid of a political career?

I would humbly suggest, just like our Republican friends over the water, he's not coming back, as he's never been away!

He needs fornicating off at the high port. Nasty little spaniel-eyed traitor.

NSP

LE
I know not very relevant however the Aberdeen area voting over 100,000 (87% turnout) against the Scottish referendum perhaps the same result will go against Mr Salmond when contesting Gordon Browns old seat.

last desperate bid of a political career?
He's contesting Sir Malcolm Bruce's seat (Bruce is standing down in May).

Unless you've insight beyond the scope of the piece and can see that he's using Gordon (the seat) merely as a stepping stone on the road to Kirkcaldy?

Malcolm Bruce is a busy man with his Radio Two show and other projects... I hear Sir Alex will donate his spare salary to charity.

NSP

LE
I expect he'll keep whichever salary is higher and/or offers the most lucrative expense-creaming opportunities.

Instead of draining the public purse to the good of a charity that will blow most of it on directors salaries, expenses and bureaucracy why does he simply not draw it and leave the cash where it can be spent on considerably more essential things such as schools, hospitals and maintaining the quality of champers in the Lords commissary...?

P.S. Aren't you thinking of Ken Bruce vis a vis Radio 2?

Last edited:
Showing his contempt for the union by being a part of its very fabric, eh? Cunning.

Perhaps he needs the salary.

My thoughts exactly, the greedy sod will be looking for a commissars , sorry, commissioners job in Brussels next, after all that particular trough is much bigger and more generous to its adherents than any public office in the UK.

Westminster was almost certainly right at the very top of his plans when he so nobly fell on his sword after the independence referendum drubbing.

Probably his cunning master plan to distance himself from the rabid Sturgeon.

He has spent 2 years and millions of pounds trying to get away from Westminster and the first operchancity he gets, he wants to go back. Fukcing hypocritical money grabbing baaaaaaaastard.

I think we're all being a bit cynical here. Salmond is obviously a man of conviction and truely believes he can best serve the people of the North East of Scotland, by feeding at the trough of the enemy.....

animals_99.gif

Latest Threads