Salmond Reveals Some Plans for independent Scottish Defence Forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by malcolmk, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alex Salmond reveals vision for Scottish armed forces - Politics - Scotsman.com

Big Alex wants to take the Scots Guards, Royal Regiment of Scotland and the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.

I would have figured, even in an extreme case, that those who wished would be allowed to leave the British Army to join the Scottish Defence Forces, not handing over entire regiments to what would be a foreign army?

He also wants Faslane closed, with all the nuclear capabilities removed (a huge logistical and financial commitment that might take 10 years) but Scotland should not have to pay a penny of the removal costs?

2. No flies on you, eh?

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

4. Hope he has planning permission for a big extension to his house..sure I heard this some where before, must be that friday feeling.

5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Just one of the many problems is that transferees will want to be assured of their pension rights! The only real solution is for Scotland to recruit what it really needs (as a future piddling excrescence of the European SSR and terminally infected with left-wing pacifism I can hardly believe it will want to pay much of an infantry force, or much else for that matter).

6. "You've also been telling lies about cold dark lonely nights in Belfast."

Shit - how did you guess.

I am tropper66 and I was the chap who duffed up Abel...

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Being done already so thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.