Sales rush forces Ikea to close doors

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Agent_Smith, Feb 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. All those Chavs in one location.....we should have nuked the place :twisted:
  3. This is fcuking news?

This is Current Affairs , not the Military Wing of Ikea's fcuking PR department.

Topic moved.
  4. Posted in current affairs as i was under the impresion that the int cell was for gossip. This story appears to be news rather than gossip. Granted not exactly relevant to ARRSE, perhaps i should have put it in the naafi :?

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

ooooh! fcukin' thanks!
  6. Yeah, fcuking cheers PTP (you filthy fcuking politico). Thank fcuking god for fcuking switched on fcukers like you, to prevent our fcuking crap minds being fcuking over-fcuking-whelmed by shameless Ikea PR. :D
  7. The voice of reason is always well heard!.
  8. Zwei fcuking rechts Calypso. :D
  9. What is the English obsession with "sofas" ? Every other TV advert seems to be for DFS, MFI, or some other god awful purveyor of soft furnishings. The outskirts of every town is ringed by retail outlets selling sofas. So far as I can see, they are giving them away, "Buy now - nothing to pay until 2020"
    or "Buy one, get seven free!, and a complimentary vasectomy and microwave oven."
    Is it just me? am I missing something? are the rest of you buying a brace of new sofas each month, and donating your old ones to the needy, sofaless third world?
    I'm (finally) at a loss for words! :wink:
  10. Interestingly, Dale Winton, the fey television presenter, has requested his skin to be made into a sofa in the event of his death. Should this not be possible for any reason, Dale is to be frozen until a time when it is. Dale's love of sofas stems from a crush he had on an old Chesterfield that his parents owned.

So there you go! :D
  11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

What in Gawd's Name possessed them to open a store in Edmonton? Have you ever BEEN to Edmonton? It makes Copehill Down look luxurious, and has less going for it than Falluja on a Friday Night. It's a dump :eek:

Non-interesting IKEA info: IKEA (founded by a Swedish Fascist, btw) will only build a 'superstore' if there are sufficient punters within easy distance - the figure of 3,000,000+ springs to mind. Hence, no IKEA in Ireland.
  12. Would there be enough material? surely a more realistic goal would be to have his hide made into a small pouf! :D