Salar The Salmon

Salar The Salmon

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
StBob072 submitted a new resource:

Salar The Salmon - Henry Williamson classic of British wildlife

Just a quick, unsolicited book review, this being the second time I've reviewed this book. *

Some will know Henry Williamson as the author of "Tarka the Otter" (which I have not read), and will likely have visited North Devon where the story is set. "Salar" was a follow-up to "Tarka" written a couple of years later in 1935.

For anyone interested in the wildlife of Great Britain, particularly our coasts and waterways, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Of course Williamson was very...
Read more about this resource...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, I'm new to this. Does "deleted" mean it has not been approved? Or just pending?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry, I'm new to this. Does "deleted" mean it has not been approved? Or just pending?
It is just the way the system works. It produces two copies and automatically deleted one - no idea why but it is how it is. The main review is up.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks AY. Just testing the waters. I wasn't sure if "resources" had to be those nominated by the mods.

Anyhoo, I hope to do my first "official" review of the book you kindly sent within the next week or so.

Cheers :D

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
For anyone who has a hankering for another book illustrating life in rural Thirties England, I can very much recommend

The author wrote children's stories under the pseudonym ' BB' . His illustrations are very beautiful, B&W ( lino cut ?) silhouettes.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
For anyone who has a hankering for another book illustrating life in rural Thirties England, I can very much recommend

The author wrote children's stories under the pseudonym ' BB' . His illustrations are very beautiful, B&W ( lino cut ?) silhouettes.
Yes I know BB from The Little Grey Men, and Down The Bright Stream. Whilst obviously written as fantasy, they served to educate children about nature in a way which was charming whilst being accurate about nature.

I believe "BB" refers to shotgun cartridges!

Latest Threads