SAKO TRG22 .308

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Biped, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Just got one of these in for a client, but had to wipe it off for him before he got to the store . . . . .

Anyone used on of these and rate it? It looks and feels VERY sexy indeed. :D
  2. Vry naice... 8)

blows the hats off the guys to either side of you... :D
  3. Just got at TRG 42 in .338LM. Now THAT makes those on either side of you sit up and take notice. :twisted:
  4. I've got a TRG-22, love it ! Quite a few of my mates have them.

I don't have the factory bipod, use a Harris, but they're a good rifle.
    The folding stock versions are silly money !

I shot my mates TRG-42 at Lydd yesterday.

5. Fecking scary gun-nut freakos!!!! Why can't you collect stamps or something.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Should pop down me shop mate, I'm only down the road.

My client came in and was as happy as a happy thing on a VERY good day!

Looks like I'll be saving up some spondulics to get my own. I wanted to get the AW, but now I've found an alternative! :D I need something to stick my S&B PMII on.

(yes, I know, only a proper cokk gets the scope first, but start as you mean to go on is my motto)

7. There was a nice.308 Model L579 at a sale i attended a cople of weeks ago looked very nice and went for about £700
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think Ex_Stab has one!
  9. I do believe I now know what I want from santa
  10. Don't try buying the Tikka version as a money saving measure, not without comparing the two first anyway. Tikkas have changed a fair bit in build quality in the last ten years or so.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm a fan of Tikka but my budget is more CZ!
  12. I fired an older one last week, and it was cracking. The more modern ones look to me like they started with a Sako and said "how can we make this cheaper?" The Steyr Pro Hunters are worth a look, the Safe Bolt System makes them for my money the best deerstalkers rifle out there.
  13. I am still firmly a remmy 700 man.
  14. Cheap nasty toy in comparison with a TRG I'm afraid. Remington do make good pump and auto shotguns but I wouldn't give you tuppence for one of their rifles.

I do, as Ugly suggests have a TRG22 with S&B PMII. It is superb. Don't spoil it with one of those crappy Harris bipods though, get the SAKO one or even a Parker Hale. Mine shoots sub inch groups at 400yds. Witnessed. :D
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The Remington 7 is a good action and a nice and light rifle, I also think that the 700 is a versatile action which can be used for the basis of lots of custom jobs but then thats true of most reasonable mauser actions.