Saint Brendon of Cox is in the news again

The BBC referred to him this morning as “husband of MP Jo Cox who was murdered during the Brexit campaign” They had to get Brexit in there.

Actually I call 'bullshit' - the right seem very 'we is the victims, whatabout x,y and z?' 'left-wing media bias' that there's some huge left-wing conspiracy everywhere....... etc etc. Not that the left doesn't have it's share of paranoid loons of course, but sorry, you're not Trump, you can't scream 'FALSE NOOZE' if your cockwombles get pillared, nor can you cry ''COVER-UP' if the mass media doesn't report your agenda exactly the way you want it.

For those hard of thinking the BBC HAVE covered the story
Have you been drinking - or have I?

I am just saying if a Tory did this, and a Tory tweeted support, everyone would be outraged. Personally I think the man deserves to be considered innocent until proven guily.

Out of interest, why is he deemed an icon of the left? Are being concerned with tackling bigotry, racism and division primarily left of centre preoccupations?

I'd have thought that the murder of one of our parliamentary representatives by a xenophobic fruitcake would be a matter of grave anxiety for all in a free democracy.
Agree - and he seems far more centrist than hard left. However, my points apply. You are also right that violence against politicians poses a danger to democracy.

The first I heard of this was a very brief report on the news saying that Brendan Cox was stepping down from involvement in the charities associated with his late wife. No context, no background, nothing.
I just assumed he was moving on with his life.
I agree with posters who think that a pet of the right who had the same whiff about him would have been rather higher up the news agenda- widower or not.
Hasn't quite got around front resigning as Director in the associated trading companies though.

Brendan COX - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

Maybe those notifications are still in the post....

The first I heard of this was a very brief report on the news saying that Brendan Cox was stepping down from involvement in the charities associated with his late wife. No context, no background, nothing.
I just assumed he was moving on with his life.
I agree with posters who think that a pet of the right who had the same whiff about him would have been rather higher up the news agenda- widower or not.
I wonder if he's "appropriated" the bulk of the almost £2 million raised yet?

Personally I think the man deserves to be considered innocent until proven guily.
Brendan Cox didn't think so.

Charity chiefs suspended Mr Cox, banned him from the office and set up a disciplinary panel. Mr Forsyth did not sit on the panel because of their close friendship.
But the investigation was effectively scuppered when Mr Cox refused to attend a disciplinary hearing and suddenly resigned. The charity was told they could not find him guilty of misconduct without hearing his side of the story.

The ploy also meant Save The Children could not tell Harvard he had been found guilty of misconduct when he attended a course there four weeks later. This newspaper revealed last week how a woman, whose identity we withheld, complained to US police, accusing Mr Cox of sexual assault while there.
Jo Cox's husband admits to being a sex pest and resigns | Daily Mail Online

He knew full well he'd be found guilty at the hearing so decided to bail instead. That also meant that there would be nothing formally on his record and that Save the Children would not be obliged to tell others of his conduct.

I'd have thought that the murder of one of our parliamentary representatives by a xenophobic fruitcake would be a matter of grave anxiety for all in a free democracy.
As opposed to the lumpen proles and their offspring murdered by xenophobic religious fruitcakes is simply part and parcel of living in that same free democracy and therefore of little or no concern? "Our parliamentary representatives" can damn well take their chances along with the rest of us as far as I'm concerned.

Something about reaping the whirlwind comes to mind...

Last edited:
Out of interest, why is he deemed an icon of the left? Are being concerned with tackling bigotry, racism and division primarily left of centre preoccupations?

Sad yes. For her children terrible. War of National Survival - no.

For the BBC, it was a war against democracy..

And would lose some of their income The millions in EU funding the BBC tried to hide | Coffee House
snip " Over the last three years the BBC has secretly obtained millions of pounds in grants from the European Union. Licence fee payers might assume that the Corporation would have been compelled to disclose the source of this money in its annual reports, but they bear no trace of it specifically. In the latest set of accounts, for example, these funds are simply referred to as ‘other grant income’.
and this...
"In the FoI response, the BBC refuses to name any of the ‘research and development’ projects or television programmes on which it spent the EU grant money.
This, apparently, is information that’s far too sensitive for mere licence payers to be told about."

and this..
Eurosceptic Labour MP Kate Hoey, now part of an unofficial coalition of politicians overseeing the privately-funded organisation Newswatch, which monitors the BBC for EU bias at a cost of £60,000 per year, says the FoI disclosure is ‘shocking’. She says:
‘I have grave concerns about the bias of the BBC when it comes to EU matters. I find the whole thing shocking. The lack of transparency is unjustified. Why does it seem so worried about people knowing where it gets its money? What has the BBC got to hide other than knowing that many of us don’t trust them on EU matters and the need for a referendum on Britain’s EU membership?’​
and this ..
"Viewers also had to watch as BBC news bulletins last October lapped up in the most excruciating fashion a European Commission-funded report denying the existence of ‘benefits tourism’, a phenomenon in which non-contributory benefits are available for the unemployed, thereby allowing those who have not paid into our system to make welfare claims in Britain even though unemployed Britons living in, for example, France or Spain, which are not party to this skewed arrangement, cannot make similar claims.
It was depressing to watch the BBC’s unquestioning, lazy reporting, which failed to make the point that Britain is one of only five European countries (along with Ireland, Germany, Finland and Estonia) stupid enough to have allowed itself to be in this situation.
But when the BBC is the recipient of secret EU funds, and is not compelled by any law to disclose its sources of income, what else should licence payers expect?"

He knew full well he'd be found guilty at the hearing so decided to bail instead. That also meant that there would be nothing formally on his record and that Save the Children would not be obliged to tell others of his conduct.
Jo Cox still very much alive then and a stench around his being turfed out on ground of sexual harrassment would have been undesirable on oh so many levels

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading some of the replies, it appears quite a few people do not agree with her.
Reading nearly all the replies it appears that just about everyone does not agree with her!

The silly bloody woman...

You are also right that violence against politicians poses a danger to democracy.
Be interesting to see how that opinion stacked up publicly when, say, Pim Forteyn got whacked, just for comparison.

Just as well we don't live in one, then;)

Indoctrinated from birth:

I had to google the author....an "activist".....seems I was not far off eh.
If these types weren't so incessantly predictable, I would have claimed the Nostrodamus Award ;)
Hopefully, they don't turn out to be a pair gropey idealogical twats like their dad.

And I still pity any kid whole life is like a giant ******* never ending episode of "The Modern Parents"

Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic about there being no sex offenders in war zones. There are so many wrong-cocks in places where there are so many vulnerable kids, women and a lack of security forces that It's like a paedo ground zero. Hardly the type of environment that will be enhanced by the presence of people who "acknowledge inappropriate behaviour in the past".

As for why he comes in for so much stick, he says that he's committed to tackling hate and division, it's just that he's decided which hate and what kind of division just happens to coincide with his self-promotion and shi t outlook. For example, he will moan about people who participate in democratic votes but not in the way he likes; I've never seen him say boo to an Islamist.