Sailors test positive for cocaine

I think CDT are on marching powder the amount of activity they are banging out recently

Press briefing perhaps? Agenda? etc

thegimp said:
I think CDT are on marching powder the amount of activity they are banging out recently

Press briefing perhaps? Agenda? etc
How very dare the CDT teams do their job properly?..... It must be their fault they are catching people and not the individuals taking the drugs....

I didn't say who was doing the briefing, or what the agenda was, read it again

I doubt all these service men were busted in a oner this week

cynical_stab said:
Eighteen sailors on a Royal Navy warship have tested positive for a class A drug.

The crewmen were caught during routine testing onboard HMS Liverpool, which is currently deployed in the South Atlantic.
Where the f*ck do they find it in the south Atlantic? Do they have nightclubs or street corners on warships now?

:?

I had enough trouble just trying to get a rations replen on Op Corporate...

:(

Rodney2q

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Think they'd been on shore leave in Brazil.

cue lots of comments re the natives, I suppose.

Looks like they were all caught at the same time if this statement is accurate

The MoD spokeswoman said the test had been carried out after the crew had a "run ashore" on a break in Brazil.
That's a surprisingly high number to be caught at the same time, assuming that the statement isn't misleading in any way of course.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I doubt the statement is misleading at all.

Did a drug test, 18 found to have traces of cocaine in their systems - drop them off at the next available UK port and bin them.

WTF is the point of the Royal Navy doing drug interdictions and then the silly cnuts onboard 'assisting' with the drug trade?

I hope, like they do in the army, that these muppets get binned.

Biped said:
The RN operates a zero tolerance policy too. I imagine if they are not already on the way home, they will be soon, with a couple of RN Police vans waiting for them at the airport, straight to jail, do not pass go, do not get £200. Then hello civvi street.

Biped said:

Did a drug test, 18 found to have traces of cocaine in their systems - drop them off at the next available UK port and bin them.

WTF is the point of the Royal Navy doing drug interdictions and then the silly cnuts onboard 'assisting' with the drug trade?

Tri-service policy on drugs IIRC.

18 is a very high proportion though - there's a ships company of 312.

TopBadger said:
Maybe they shouldn't name HM Warships after drug addled cities...

(And ducks for cover)
Would narrow the name options
HMS Saffron-Walden not so impressive

theoriginalphantom said:
Looks like they were all caught at the same time if this statement is accurate

The MoD spokeswoman said the test had been carried out after the crew had a "run ashore" on a break in Brazil.
That's a surprisingly high number to be caught at the same time, assuming that the statement isn't misleading in any way of course.
Sorry I'll be less ambiguous. There have been a number of media stories about servicemen from various units getting busted in the past week.

I doubt the military has much to gain from publishing these stories. No doubt these stories are being fed to the media.

In a similer vein to that Labour MP who keeps exposing "The disgrace" of Army Generals with batmen, large expensive houses and army ski trips to the alps etc

Its just negative briefing/counter briefing in the hope of tarnishing the military, standard political fayre nowadays

DarkBlueLoggie said:
Biped said:

Tri-service policy on drugs IIRC.

18 is a very high proportion though - there's a ships company of 312.
On another link in another thread it said they company was 240.
Thats 7.5%, pretty high

Is this a failure of leadership?

Perhaps the matelots need the MATT6 package.

msr

The average complement is about 280-290. 312 is the max no of people that can be billeted onboard.

Me thinks the 10% remark comes from the fact that there are about 180 junior rates on board (Full screw equiv and below). Not knowing if the facts and if all 18 were JRs that would give the 10%.

scouse_scribes said:
The average complement is about 280-290. 312 is the max no of people that can be billeted onboard.

Me thinks the 10% remark comes from the fact that there are about 180 junior rates on board (Full screw equiv and below). Not knowing if the facts and if all 18 were JRs that would give the 10%.
Beat me to it - normally 287 according to the RN website (http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.1630), but with gapping, trainees etc that does vary

Isn't it pretty much standard that once CDT catches anyone, that there is a standard press release? Not forgetting the standard statements about 'zero tolerance' and comparisons to civilian drug use.

I also thought that the reason for issuing a statement would be so no one could leak it to the press and the M OD couldn't be accused of a cover up/conspiracy.

Good riddance to all druggies it's just a sad pity they didn't all OD and die.

When are these clowns going to realise that they are putting money and ultimately weapons into the hands of those we are fighting.

Idiots.