Sailors test positive for cocaine

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by cynical_stab, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think CDT are on marching powder the amount of activity they are banging out recently

Press briefing perhaps? Agenda? etc

2. How very dare the CDT teams do their job properly?..... It must be their fault they are catching people and not the individuals taking the drugs....

3. I didn't say who was doing the briefing, or what the agenda was, read it again

I doubt all these service men were busted in a oner this week

4. Where the f*ck do they find it in the south Atlantic? Do they have nightclubs or street corners on warships now?

:?

I had enough trouble just trying to get a rations replen on Op Corporate...

:(

Rodney2q

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Think they'd been on shore leave in Brazil.

cue lots of comments re the natives, I suppose.

6. Looks like they were all caught at the same time if this statement is accurate

That's a surprisingly high number to be caught at the same time, assuming that the statement isn't misleading in any way of course.

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I doubt the statement is misleading at all.

Did a drug test, 18 found to have traces of cocaine in their systems - drop them off at the next available UK port and bin them.

WTF is the point of the Royal Navy doing drug interdictions and then the silly cnuts onboard 'assisting' with the drug trade?

I hope, like they do in the army, that these muppets get binned.

8. The RN operates a zero tolerance policy too. I imagine if they are not already on the way home, they will be soon, with a couple of RN Police vans waiting for them at the airport, straight to jail, do not pass go, do not get £200. Then hello civvi street.

9. Tri-service policy on drugs IIRC.

18 is a very high proportion though - there's a ships company of 312.

10. Maybe they shouldn't name HM Warships after drug addled cities...

(And ducks for cover)

11. Would narrow the name options
    HMS Saffron-Walden not so impressive

12. Sorry I'll be less ambiguous. There have been a number of media stories about servicemen from various units getting busted in the past week.

I doubt the military has much to gain from publishing these stories. No doubt these stories are being fed to the media.

In a similer vein to that Labour MP who keeps exposing "The disgrace" of Army Generals with batmen, large expensive houses and army ski trips to the alps etc

Its just negative briefing/counter briefing in the hope of tarnishing the military, standard political fayre nowadays

13. On another link in another thread it said they company was 240.
    Thats 7.5%, pretty high