Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sailor convicted of noshing another sailor given suspended sentence

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
oh yes
A russian fisherman has been given a suspended sentence for eating a friend despite the fact he was not hungry !!!!
from Saturdays Times Newspaper
A Russian fisherman has been given a suspended sentence for eating a friend despite admitting that he was not hungry at the time.
During a trial in Neryungri in the Russian Sakha Republic, Alexei Gorulenko, 35, described how he ate Andrei Koronchkin, 44, after they got lost with two other men in the Siberian tundra when their vehicle plunged through the ice of a frozen river.
A third man remains missing. A fourth, Alexander Abdullaev, 37, was not charged and treated as a witness, but he refused to give evidence.
The prosecution alleged that Mr Koronchkin was beaten to death before being dismembered and eaten. Forensic examination of recovered body parts showed that strips of flesh had been removed.
Gorulenko admitted eating the body but denied murder. “He died by himself,” he told the court. “He froze to death. Only after that did we start eating him.”
However, in statement to the court he said it was “not because I was hungry — I had another reason”. No further explanation was offered.
Mr Koronchkin’s wife, Olga, 37, expressed anger at the three-year suspended sentence Gorulenko was given for causing bodily harm.
“Can you imagine what I have left? One foot with toes, one finger, and the back of his skull with some hair. This is it,” she said. “This is all I have left from the man I loved. Having just these remains, how can I say goodbye to him? I have got almost nothing to cry over. I can’t think about it — I am losing my mind with this.”
She added: “I am sure they have eaten him. We know that Andrei died somewhere else and they dragged the body through the snow, eating it step by step. But together with the remains of my husband there were also found the bones of animals. If they could kill animals, why would they need to try eating a human body?
“Mr Gorulenko hasn’t spoken to me once. He didn’t call, he didn’t explain what happened. He didn’t even say sorry, like people do.”

Wrong title for this story , I notice Jarrod was straight on to it with a like for Idrach.

“Mr Gorulenko hasn’t spoken to me once. He didn’t call, he didn’t explain what happened. He didn’t even say sorry, like people do.”

Really? It that the norm in modern Russia, can we expect an outbreak of cannibalism in Ukraine, with Vlad on telly later saying, "sorry, very hungry soldiers"?
I thought it was only weird boxheads that ate each other......

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mr Koronchkin’s wife, Olga, 37, expressed anger at the three-year suspended sentence Gorulenko was given for causing bodily harm.
“Can you imagine what I have left? One foot with toes, one finger, and the back of his skull with some hair. This is it,” she said. “This is all I have left from the man I loved. Having just these remains, how can I say goodbye to him? I have got almost nothing to cry over.

I don't suppose she'd like one of Alexei's shits to cry over.

I.A. Dada

War Hero
If he'd noshed him in the sense implied in the thread title, he'd have been beaten to death in the basement of the police station. Cannibalism is just a personality quirk and the cops were nonplussed.

All very odd though, I thought that recreational cannibalism was more of a German passtime.

Sounds like Olga is more pissed off that Gorulenko ditched her than that he ate her husband.

Really? It that the norm in modern Russia, can we expect an outbreak of cannibalism in Ukraine, with Vlad on telly later saying, "sorry, very hungry soldiers"?
I thought it was only weird boxheads that ate each other......
And Scots people, dont forget the Beans.

pez_perrett

Old-Salt
How big a twat is his wife,

All she wanted was an apology for him being eaten ‘that’s the norm’

alib

LE
I don't think I'd eat a Russian by choice, even one that had been tenderized, they are full of nitrates.

Latest Threads