Sahil Sheed case

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BrandySoured, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The thick plottens:

Times article

This incident has a lot of legs yet and is becoming really intriguing. At least the Mc Canns'll have another place in the world to visit; Spain's Bradford.

2. I hope I don't have a tendency to get into tin-foil territory here,
    but when I heard the mother say she couldn't fly out to Pakistan after her son had disappeared was because her husband had left her and had taken her passport to Pakistan so that she couldn't fly out after him, it didn't ring true.

Not impossible but its the first time I've heard of anyone walking out on their wife, taking wife's passport- destroying it perhaps I could understand.

The fact that he was the second husband that she had 'imported' from Pakistan only served to increase my doubt.

Of course, I don't know the truth but cynic that I am, if she had said "My husband and son have gone on holiday to Pakistan and my sister-in-law is coming to settle in UK using my passport", I would have given it more credence.

Of course if estranged husband and wife now have a sudden reconcilliation, it will only serve to strengthen my theory!
  3. T-50, have you any links as to your claims as I can't seem to find anything?
  4. Here's a source for the passport story, sorry it's only the Daily Mail but it's the first thrown up by the search engine that I have on my PC. These stories are quite often syndicated so it's likely to have appeared elsewhere.

I daresay that I could find you a source about the second husband from Pakistan-wait on on that one.

Husband takes Mum's passport to Pakistan
  5. Times article

You mean Shaw, Oldham, Greater Manchester? Basic fact's would be a good start.
  6. Cheers, the story has always been fishy for one reason or another. Also I never get surprised after the events when all the 'truths' and rumours come out regarding the parents/uncles etc.
    Think -
    Bulger Mother shoplifting (allegedly)
    McCanns dining habits
    Matthews mum - affair/involved; Step-dad -Paedo

I suspected the Dad had returned for the cash? Also it was obvious he was the Tourist Groom and she the local Oldham lass.

Returning to see a sick parent. Oh Pleeease. How original! :roll:
  7. More on the story here
    I particularly liked
  8. Oldham IS in Lancashire. FACT. We don't have Manchester postcodes either so we are not in manch.
  9. When he gets back to his HOME in Oldham, he can sell his story to the Currant Bun/News of the Screws and earn a nice few bob.

The folk in Pakistan got a few bob few their troubles, everyone's a winner.

10. Something about the whole story didn't ring quite right.

Why did the father, who seemed very calm etc. on TV, against the advise of local experts fly home to UK, thousands of miles from where his son was still being held?
  11. Shaw and Crompton is a town and civil parish within the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, in Greater Manchester, England. Please step out of 1974 and into 2010.

12. Who the f..k cares if its in Greater Manchester or Lancashire, I'm sure MOST people know its "up north" and has a large immigrant Pakistani population and the whole affair was blown out of proportion because this child had a "British" passport! It also stank of a "set up" to gain cash from those members of the "knock Britain and support a poor immigrant", classes!! FFS stop being so f..king pedantic! :x

13. That's that in a nutshell, so to summarise........ :D
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It can't be "up north" as it is well south of here :D
  15. Auld Yin

It is Norff of the Watford Gap therefore it is Norff, as I am lead to believe..