Saffer cricketer refuses to 'take the knee'

Spot on. No way in hell my folks could afford the fees at the schools most rugger and cricket players are drawn from. My sister's boys used to play against many of the current Bok and Protea teams when at their school. She made the sacrifice along with her husband to give them a good education rather than the current govt school shit show. Pretty much bankrupted them and she borrowed from me as well to keep the debt under control. Not holding my breath that I'll ever be repaid.
Looks good on the school prospectus that they had X Springboks.
Doesn't mention that they are all as dumb as a box of rocks, and struggled/failed the academic side of things.
Back in the 80s, there was an incredibly talented rugger lad at one of the local 'larney' schools.
Made it to provincial level, but never took the step up to national.
I knew him socially then, and when I saw him in late 90s, we had a few beers and he admitted he was railroaded through, and should rather have gone in to a 'trade' or technical high school, which is what he liked, but the $$$ were there to send him to a 'top' sports school.
One wonders how many of the current crop will fall by the wayside/get discarded before reaching the sporting pinnacle?

IPL. The money's probably better and the team owners will get into fist fights over who gets him as a permanent player and coach not beholden to national team BS.

....and he can maintain the Saffa tradition of taking a couple of bungs on the side to pad the wallet a bit.

....and he can maintain the Saffa tradition of taking a couple of bungs on the side to pad the wallet a bit.
Crazy thing is that after Hansie 'came clean', and dobbed in his teammates, Cricket SA was for a fe years a shining beacon of honesty and repectability.
However, then the mongs took over, there was more corruption (though not pitch-based) surrounding tournament hostng and bungs.
On field, SA cricket is good. Off the pitch, however, it is till rotten to the core.

De Kock's only public comment on the issue was during the tour of the West Indies.

"My reason? I'll keep it to myself. It's my own, personal opinion. It's everyone's decision; no-one's forced to do anything, not in life."

I wouldn't be at all surprised if farms taken back were to end up in the hands of govt officials and their mates. It's a bit of a poisoned chalice in that trying to flog those farms back to white farmers is a non starter as no one is dumb enough to buy a farm and develop it again, particularly one that was claimed in the first place. The former claimants who lost it will just show up one day and demand its return as a going concern... again (unless the new owner is a govt official).

Zim 2.0.
I think that the words, ‘taken back’ require some clarification. Frankly, just the word, ‘taken’ will suffice. There were no farms before the European settlers cleared the bush and set them up. The largely nomadic aboriginal tribesmen had no concept of land ownership as we understand it today.

I think that the words, ‘taken back’ require some clarification. Frankly, just the word, ‘taken’ will suffice. There were no farms before the European settlers cleared the bush and set them up. The largely nomadic aboriginal tribesmen had no concept of land ownership as we understand it today.
They want 'land'. They claim.
Actually untrue - they want to take over thriving agricultural businesses.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the USA F1 on Sunday, but I don't see any photos of anyone T.t.K.
In Texas right enough with tens of thousands of Beans watching.
Selective fist clenching then?

Have all of South Africa’s white cricketers decamped to Namibia? Just watching them all over Scotland at the T20 World Cup and there isn’t a black player to be seen.

Given the completely fvcked up state of cricket in SA - apart from the players being rather good, the rest is a pile of corrupt, disorganised rubbish - a 'knee' is the least of their problems.
And most of the problems come from... racism. Of the reverse kind. Selections at coaching and team level are done on a quota system, so the darker players get preference in contracts and selection.
Edit to add.
“All players had been required‚ in line with a directive of the CSA board on Monday evening‚ to ‘take the knee’ in a united and consistent stance against racism."
Directive?
Stop me if you've heard this one before...
View attachment 612117
I think Cricket SA has had 4 CEOs & 5 Chairman in the last couple of years?

Not to mention turning to former players as Head Coach and other coaching positions as there was pretty much no coach on the circuit who wanted to do it. Not because, as @CaptainRidiculous says, the players aren't good enough, but presumably because anyone who takes it knows they'll have to work in the talent wasteland of the governing body.

Looking back, we were lucky to catch them in this kind of turmoil in 2019-20. Unfortunately a 3-1 Test series win made us think we were better than we are.

Sport in SA is highly politicised with govt tentacles in everything where there's the slightest sniff of money. Govt appointees at all the highest levels on fat pay packets for income generating sports. The rest pretty much ignored unless there's political capital in it for the cANCer. Govt policy in all fields is to get rid of honkies wherever possible. Quotas see to that but strangely enough don't apply to football when you clock the team demographic.

It's all frightfully equal, don't you know...
Lardbeast am I right in thinking there's something of a Port Elizabeth mafa in the ANC? Hence the placing of the rugby team (now defunct) in a place where no one really cared about rugby.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Have all of South Africa’s white cricketers decamped to Namibia? Just watching them all over Scotland at the T20 World Cup and there isn’t a black player to be seen.
There aren't that many blacks in Scotland TBF.

Odo_de_StAmand

War Hero
Is that de Kock five in from the left? Who is the bloke two in and has he complied?
No, de Kock isn't in the picture as he opened the batting against Australia and is already in the middle. The guy 5th in is Heinrich Klaasen who replaced him as keeper, and the chap second in is Reeza Hendricks who opened in place of de Kock.

Hope de Kock can play the rest of the games, as he's one of my favourite players.

I love the story that in his younger days, (perhaps playing for SA U-19s but not 100% certain), he decided that the opposition bowlers weren't that good so played his innings with one eye shut....

Lardbeast am I right in thinking there's something of a Port Elizabeth mafa in the ANC? Hence the placing of the rugby team (now defunct) in a place where no one really cared about rugby.

Eastern Cape is the amaXhosa homeland and the cANCer is a bit of a clique of amaXhosa with a few others who have worked their way up the ladder. It's also one of the more corrupt and backward parts of the country for exactly that reason.

The bloke who ran the team was a big cANCer supporter and used to vleg piel (weave cocks) with the party big knobs so no surprise that a lot of money was channeled in that direction for what was a pretty third rate team.

Eastern Cape is the amaXhosa homeland and the cANCer is a bit of a clique of amaXhosa with a few others who have worked their way up the ladder. It's also one of the more corrupt and backward parts of the country for exactly that reason.

The bloke who ran the team was a big cANCer supporter and used to vleg piel (weave cocks) with the party big knobs so no surprise that a lot of money was channeled in that direction for what was a pretty third rate team.
Ok, here we go...
The scumsuckers called the Watsons were HUGE ANC cork soakers, and scored literally BILLIONS off the government in illegal and overpriced tenders.
Their credentials were that they were anti-apartheid activists who reused to play in white structures back in the 70s/80s, and played in the 'shadow' coloured / black leagues instead
Fast forward to 2005ish.
Luke Watson - a useful player, but not that good - was 'selected' for the Springboks BY THE SPORTS MINISTER!!!
Yep, the coach was told to select him.
Later, the Watson family effectively TOLD the rugby board who they wanted as coach - a complete cnut called Pieter de Villiers.

Anyway, look it up yourselves... How World Cup winner Jake White was sidelined.
What happened to De Villiers.
And What happened to the Watson family - one ended up hitting a bridge abutment at 150km/h.
After his corruption of squillions was exposed.

As far as rugby goes ... Eastern Province play in a HUGE stadium.
Built for soccer world cup 2010.
With no crowds.
Because they are shit.

corby

War Hero
No, de Kock isn't in the picture as he opened the batting against Australia and is already in the middle. The guy 5th in is Heinrich Klaasen who replaced him as keeper, and the chap second in is Reeza Hendricks who opened in place of de Kock.

Hope de Kock can play the rest of the games, as he's one of my favourite players.

I love the story that in his younger days, (perhaps playing for SA U-19s but not 100% certain), he decided that the opposition bowlers weren't that good so played his innings with one eye shut....
Mark Boucher walt

Ok, here we go...
The scumsuckers called the Watsons were HUGE ANC cork soakers, and scored literally BILLIONS off the government in illegal and overpriced tenders.
Their credentials were that they were anti-apartheid activists who reused to play in white structures back in the 70s/80s, and played in the 'shadow' coloured / black leagues instead
Fast forward to 2005ish.
Luke Watson - a useful player, but not that good - was 'selected' for the Springboks BY THE SPORTS MINISTER!!!
Yep, the coach was told to select him.
Later, the Watson family effectively TOLD the rugby board who they wanted as coach - a complete cnut called Pieter de Villiers.

Anyway, look it up yourselves... How World Cup winner Jake White was sidelined.
What happened to De Villiers.
And What happened to the Watson family - one ended up hitting a bridge abutment at 150km/h.
After his corruption of squillions was exposed.

As far as rugby goes ... Eastern Province play in a HUGE stadium.
Built for soccer world cup 2010.
With no crowds.
Because they are shit.

You said it better than I did. Latched on the taxpayer tit along with their corrupt cANCer backers.

That said, not in the mood for supporting grovellers. Are there any teams not grovelling and virtue signalling like angst ridden teenagers?

Latest Threads