Saffer cricketer refuses to 'take the knee'

Glad that somebody has finally stood up - (I know, I know...) - to the PC nonsense.

South Africa star Quinton de Kock has made himself unavailable for the T20 World Cup match against West Indies, just an hour after he was told to take the knee for the remainder of the tournament.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) felt forced to react after their team chose different methods to support the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement ahead of their five-wicket defeat by Australia last week.
CSA have now ordered all Proteas players to take the knee before each of their remaining World Cup matches in the UAE.

De Kock has chosen, however, to sit out the important match, seemingly because of the team orders to take the knee, with CSA saying they had 'noted' de Kock's 'personal decision'.

49650837-10131745-image-a-17_1635243585291.jpg

Fair play to him, it’s going to be interesting how this pans out with the South African cricket board as he’s undoubtedly the best player.
They got the result today.
BUT given the useless numpties at CSA, they'll probably go all howly, government will get involved, he'll be condemned as a RACIST.

While I think the whole taking the knee thing is intrinsically flawed, the minute those who do so and also raised the clenched fists it shows it’s political and radical politics at that… thus those doing it are at best just useful idiots.

editedfor fat fingers

edited again cos back at the PC, fcuking iPad predictive text

Last edited:

Snookie

Clanker
Ref the clenched fist that’s why I think the majority of people think it’s a politically motivated cause linked to Marxism..
It’s just causing more and more divide..
However I’m glad someone as high profile in cricket as De Kock has taken this stance and hopefully he won’t back down .

Grovelling to push the aims of an avowed marxist organisation is piss poor management and even weaker leadership. I won't shed a tear if they get their arses handed to them. Good on de Kock and shame on the rest of the grovellers. Hopefully a few more make the call not to drag politics into sport.

Excellent cricketer, unfortunately I can see his International career now effectively finished

IPL. The money's probably better and the team owners will get into fist fights over who gets him as a permanent player and coach not beholden to national team BS.

IPL. The money's probably better and the team owners will get into fist fights over who gets him as a permanent player and coach not beholden to national team BS.
Has happened before. But plenty of opportunities away from internationals for chaps like him.
This is true a couple of years on the T20 circuit will see him set for life.

bestri10

Old-Salt
Glad that somebody has finally stood up - (I know, I know...) - to the PC nonsense.

South Africa star Quinton de Kock has made himself unavailable for the T20 World Cup match against West Indies, just an hour after he was told to take the knee for the remainder of the tournament.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) felt forced to react after their team chose different methods to support the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement ahead of their five-wicket defeat by Australia last week.
CSA have now ordered all Proteas players to take the knee before each of their remaining World Cup matches in the UAE.

De Kock has chosen, however, to sit out the important match, seemingly because of the team orders to take the knee, with CSA saying they had 'noted' de Kock's 'personal decision'.

Aren't loads of white farmers being murdered across SA for being white, or am i mistaken...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder what our hypocritical knee-takers will have to say about players being forced into a political salute. Then again, they're probably enjoying being waited on hand and foot by foreign workers whose terms and conditions would breach the UK's Modern Slavery legislation. Black lives matter, brown lives not so much.

"You WILL take the knee or you'll be cancelled"

Hopefully, he also told them to fook'orf.

Fair play to him, it’s going to be interesting how this pans out with the South African cricket board as he’s undoubtedly the best player.
I bet a) he doesn't play for SA again, and b) there's a few counties with his agent on speed dial making him offers he can't refuse.

So it begins and I’m saddened it’s happening in Cricket. In Football, Southgate and his team insist this gesture is merely ‘a mark of respect’ and absolutely nothing to do with Politics. I’ve never bought that, but as someone with only a passing interest in Football, particularly at the elite level, I really didn’t GAF.
Now this nonsense has infected my spectator sport of choice, I really am pissed off with this report. Respect to Quinton for his decision, but for any player, in any Sport to be placed in a position where the gesture is enforced, rather than voluntarily, we truly are seeing how this will play out, if others aren’t willing to take a stance alongside De Kock.
I despair.

Last edited:

Gunner82

War Hero
I presume the “taking the knee” is because a black man was killed by a white man many thousands of miles away. Will we now be standing up because a black man killed a white man in Essex, or am I being rather naive?

Latest Threads