Saffas in the British Army

Thought I would be the first to start a topic in the Southern Africa forum.

A few of my mates and myself will be joining the British Army next year ( all of us from SA ). I already know a few okes who are currently in the Army and I understand that SA is the 2nd highest recruiting area in the Commonwealth. So I just wanted to know if the Saffas over there had any kind of reputation in the British Army? :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They tend to be tight at first but push back well after the first couple of times.

As they said on the late great "SPITTING IMAGE" I never met a nice South African.I still have replays of when the police in Cape Town kicked the crap ouy of me on my way to the FI

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And I bet you were sat quietly reading your copy of the New Testament just before this kicking, right ?

No, I was teaching the bouncer in the Queens down by Duncen Docks to dance the Lambada

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hmmm, yes.

The SAP did take a dim view to 'the forbidden dance.'

FiveAlpha said:
Stewi said:
So I just wanted to know if the Saffas over there had any kind of reputation in the British Army? :)
Yes....................gobby, arrogant work-shy racists.
:? Worked with four and only one was a complete and utter TiT. Mind you when compare him to his fellow Wiggers then he was all of the above.

FiveAlpha said:
Stewi said:
So I just wanted to know if the Saffas over there had any kind of reputation in the British Army? :)
Yes....................gobby, arrogant work-shy racists.

They'll fit in well with the rest of us then.

Have the SA sorted out the problem of losing their passport sif they join the British army?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
stacker1 said:
Have the SA sorted out the problem of losing their passport sif they join the British army?
Yeah, they hand them in to the Orderly Room & the clerks lose the passports for them.

Cutaway said:
stacker1 said:
Yeah, they hand them in to the Orderly Room & the clerks lose the passports for them.
Every noticed the confused look on clerks faces when you say legally they can't take you passport of you?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
stacker1 said:
Cutaway said:
stacker1 said:
Every noticed the confused look on clerks faces when you say legally they can't take you passport of you?
I can't say I'm able to distinguish it from the confused look on clerks faces when anything is said to them.

It has been noticed that confusion is a common trait in the AGC, one only need look to the reactions of the moeras paddas.

Theres a sixfoot angelina jolie looky likey dental bird floating around some where, her presence on this planet excuses even the thieving SA CNUT who proffed all four wallets in one grot in training (MUTHER FCUKER) and came on the shant with the owners of said wallets.................

I'm with spitting image on this one

tropper66 said:
As they said on the late great "SPITTING IMAGE" I never met a nice South African.I still have replays of when the police in Cape Town kicked the crap ouy of me on my way to the FI
good we try work on our image with a quick international display of inhumane treatment every now and then, a k9 unit sicking a dog on an innocent man, using criminals as dog training tools, it's all good :lol:
we let thieves get into facilities holding nuclear materials...and then a typcial south african criminal they rob a laptop...yes you read it right, they broke into a facility hold potentially very explosive materials...for a laptop...confusing thing is that it looks like the guys had to be very clever to get past all the security measures...all i did when reading that report was LAUGH OUT LOUD!....

really you base an opinion on anything the press do/say?

I am ex South African forces and ex regular British Army, now in the TA. When I first got to the UK there were very few of us as far as I could see, and most had a pretty decent reputation for working hard although they could be racist and a bit arrogant at times (yes spitting image did get it a bit right)
But while I was in, as more saffers came through, I would have to say that most of them were a pile of crap, their work ethic was almost non existent and they had bad attitudes because they were living off the good reputation of hard working saffers like myself.
They were mostly (just logical because of demographics) afrikaans speaking and had a very bad habit of speaking afrikaans all the time - listen guys if you come to join the British Army voluntarily...speak English.

Reputation is not a constant and if more and more saffers act like pricks then the general perceptions of saffers will change acordingly.
We did have a pretty good reputation for being hard working but i guess for us older guys who had actually experienced how tough life used to be in the SADF, the British Army was a pretty sweet deal.

Me :D , Seriously seems to be more ouens from down south joining over the last few years but as the numbers have increased so has the cliqueness (much like the Fijians) and yes they do tend to "praat Afrikaanse taal" all the time (which is annoying as after 20 years over here mine is rusty as fcuk!).

huscarl said:
Me :D , Seriously seems to be more ouens from down south joining over the last few years but as the numbers have increased so has the cliqueness (much like the Fijians) and yes they do tend to "praat Afrikaanse taal" all the time (which is annoying as after 20 years over here mine is rusty as fcuk!).
I better join a very english regiment then because I can only swear in afr.

paragate said:
I am wondering if we have any rhodesian military in the uk armed forces, the rli or c squadron?
Doubt any Rhodies as they might be too old, I mean my uncle who was in 2 commando RLI in 1979 is already 40 something but there are Zimbos in HM Forces.