Safety razors in basic?

I've been thinking of getting a safety razor for when i start catterick, but i havent seen any up-to-date forums discussing if they're allowed or not because of having to bring razor blades with it. If there's anyone who knows as of this year if they are or aren't permitted, please let me know

RandyLahey

Clanker
They let me use a stanley blade for odd bits and lads were allowed leathermans and other sorts of blades.

If thats how you prefer to shave then fair one and just don’t say anything when you arrive. It’s one of those where you can play dumb if they question it - which they won’t because they’re unlikely to see it and if they do they probably won’t care.

I have the same but prefer my gilette cartridge razor because it cuts me less and is honestly all you need.

The_Poltroon

Old-Salt
A safety razor in basic.

Kids today don't know how lucky they are.

When I did my basic back in the 80's you shaved using an SLR bayonet dipped in a mess tin filled with cold water

A safety razor in basic.

When I did my basic back in the 80's you shaved using an SLR bayonet dipped in a mess tin filled with cold water
"Sprog" in my day it was a burning bush

Have you won the lottery? Gillette mach five blades cost me nearly £15 for four the other day.
And not a good shave.
I can't wait for Turkish Eddie to open up again in Kentish town.
He even doe's the trim/ shave and the flaming tissues in your ears. For twelve quid.

A safety razor in basic.

Huh.

In the 60s we had to use the edge of your cap badge.
Water. Luxury we used h2so4

CFB

Have you won the lottery? Gillette mach five blades cost me nearly £15 for four the other day.
And not a good shave.
He even doe's the trim/ shave and the flaming tissues in your ears. For twelve quid.
Get the lidl Shark ones just as good a shave and less than a £5 for 4 or 5 blades

I've been thinking of getting a safety razor for when i start catterick, but i havent seen any up-to-date forums discussing if they're allowed or not because of having to bring razor blades with it. If there's anyone who knows as of this year if they are or aren't permitted, please let me know
Umm, explain something here, chaps?
I assume razor blades and other pointy, slashy, stabby things are possibly banned from basic, lest some chap decides to open up his wrists?
Clarify, please.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Take whatever they insist on. Also take whatever you want. Lay out the one they expect for inspection. Shave with the one you want. Keep it well hidden during inspections.

20 single blade disposables for a couple of quid (so cheap I'm not sure), new razor on 1st of month whether I need it or not. Winner winner.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Plenty of stuff on the internet how to use one. I’ve used one for years but don’t just rock up with one. Buy one, learn to use it first or you’ll look like Kruger shaved you.

Never used anything but. Wilkinson blades are much cheaper and last longer than the ghastly blades set into plastic and take up less space.
Had a couple of cut-down disposables with my emergency kit.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Does the modern cam cream still give you megazits?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Umm, explain something here, chaps?
I assume razor blades and other pointy, slashy, stabby things are possibly banned from basic, lest some chap decides to open up his wrists?
Clarify, please.
Why would 'they' do that, when recruits are given firearms, live ammunition and in thd right lesson, a big stabby knife to stick of the end of one's rifle.

Swings lantern..... when I started we had to have a safety razor, to argument being that the Q system would only supply one type of replacement blade. Mind you, that was when deployments could be for lengthy periods and there was no such thing as access to the EFI, PX or anything other than the generous souls in the CQ’s wagon......

Dwarf

LE
It even does your legs nicely as well and you don't need that nasty cold water.

1615301245191.png

Dwarf

LE
I would also be curious like @CaptainRidiculous to know if there are any restrictions in this surrender to woke world?

And not a good shave.
You can get a proper razor for a few quid and double edged blades are cheap as chips. Having bought one of these
and a couple of decent brushes, soap and blades are dead cheap. My annual shaving outlay is now less than £20. I also have a 50 year + old Gillette butterfly razor tat gives a shave as smooth as a Balinese Ladyboy's scrotum (or a baby's bottom fr the traditional amongst us)

Have a look here