Safety Deposit boxes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mrrandom, Mar 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Coins from the US and Royal Mints - in actuality. I feel sorry for those who have "stuff" in boxes legally and are required to prove the origin. During the big safe deposit box raid of 2008, a family had a large quantity of diamonds seized by the police. It cost them wads of cash to have the stones tested to prove their story that the stones were cut prior to WWII - a time at which the family managed to escape the Nazis.

Then there is "shrinkage." Despit the police working under CCTV cameras, etc., the contents of some boxes shrank and no one seems to know why, how or by whom. But there were gaps in some of the recordings. Just saying . . . .

Would any ARRSE member who has a s/d box confirm to me there is only one key 'ole on those boxes? Odd. We have two; one for the client and one for the vault teller. Both must be used at the same time.

2. Some have one, some have two. It's irellevant. Anything will open if you hit it hard enough.

The police and/or Mohammed Al Fayed can and will open your "safe" deposit box if they want to. As mentioned above, the Met go "warrant shopping" until they find a friendly magistrate who will sign a blanket warrant for them to open any boxes they want, whether or not there is evidence that they are harbouring ill gotten gains.

Get one of those floor safes that are used to keep MOT certificates. Bury it in your basement and concrete it in. Tell NOBODY it's there.

3. [QUOTE

Get one of those floor safes that are used to keep MOT certificates. Bury it in your basement and concrete it in. Tell NOBODY it's there.[/QUOTE]

But won't I have to move the bodies first?

4. no you put the bits of the body in the safe and cement over it

5. .....yes, but......

Attached Files:

6. My floor safe was OK until the people in the flat downstairs complained.