Safestyle uk

I have had both Anglian and Everest round for quotes. The building is an old school built in 1861 of local stone, it stands in a conservation area so the windows have to be wooden. the quotes were for 36 windows, 450mm x 1450mm and one window 2000mm x 2450mm. Anglian quoted £59,550.00, Everest quoted £75100.00, neither of these figures are mistyped. After I received the Everest quote they came back to me with a 42 percent discount which was turned down, they have since left me alone. After I turned down Anglians effort they rang me and said they were doing a fifty percent offer on all old quotes, he then asked me how much they had quoted, I told him just over 59 and a half k, there was then a silence and then he said, no, and hung up.

I am currently looking at a family firm from the West Mids who I saw at the Homebuilding Show at the NEC. I will report back.
How was the Home building show? I meant to go, but had to miss it at the last minute.

Longlenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Try Leamore windows, a mid size company, from wallsall, they done my gaff, Very reasonable, excellent build quality, good after sales service, over the last 2 years or so, they have done £20k's worth of work. No problems with them at all, turn up on time, no extras, no hidden charges, clean up after themselves. worth a call.
01922- 473737.
Many thanks, I will give them a shout and see what happens.

Longlenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
How was the Home building show? I meant to go, but had to miss it at the last minute.
It was good for us Dingerr, we are converting our school into a house for the two of us so we were looking for specific things, underfloor heating, windows and doors, stonework such as mantels for three fire places. I went to the same show three years ago and it was a bit better then but we saw all we needed to see and had a good day and did some good deals with people who wanted to do business. There was an absence of spivs.

We've gone with a local company called Heronhurst from Abergavenny. They dont really advertise as such , but they have been recommended by 3 seperate people. Local showroom where you can actually view the products and they have that family business ethos. SWMBO is impressed by them, so I'm happy.

Fitting is scheduled for 2nd week of July.

It was good for us Dingerr, we are converting our school into a house for the two of us so we were looking for specific things, underfloor heating, windows and doors, stonework such as mantels for three fire places. I went to the same show three years ago and it was a bit better then but we saw all we needed to see and had a good day and did some good deals with people who wanted to do business. There was an absence of spivs.
Thanks, next year I’ll be trying to find a quarter acre of land and build a bungalow.

Latest Threads