Safestyle uk

Anyone used Safestyle UK for their windows and doors. I'm having Patio doors and windows put in, had a quote off these people but am wondering if any Arrsers have dealt with the company?

I sought a quote from them to replace my soffits and guttering. The rep was classic pressure sales, even when I told him I was aware of his sales technique he just couldn’t break out of it. I made a few polite indications I’d had enough and he should leave, which he ignored. This was about 15 years ago.

I didn’t use them and have no experience of their product or service though.

Anyone used Safestyle UK for their windows and doors. I'm having Patio doors and windows put in, had a quote off these people but am wondering if any Arrsers have dealt with the company?
OS - I worked for a 1/2 decent Home Improvement company when I left HMF.
Safestyle were regarded as selling el cheapo windows etc - never heard anything on the grapevine to change that opinion.
Look for local Eurocell dealers - they make a decent standard of window & UPVC door. Any local builder / window fitter would install them. Cost depends on size / spec - should be able to get each "average" window bought and fit
for £350 ish - UPVC Patio £600 ish (depending if it's going into a prepared opening - knocking holes in walls costs more) (take your own rubbish to the local tip - saves cost of skip etc). If you're in the North East get back to me.

My mother, RIP, when she was alive, had the misfortune to have had dealings with their sales reps. First mistake she made, was to arrange the appointment when she was in the house alone (Father was long since dead). Now, my mother was old school in the way she treated people and the way she expected to be treated.

Ma only, at this stage, wanted a rough estimate of what it would cost to replace the windows at the front of the house. Appointment made, kettle on and wait and see.

After two and a half hours of sales pitch, including the infamous call to his manager and the deal is only for today, mother was both tired and a tad pissed off. The mongrel wouldn`t take no for an answer and just leave. It is now 10;00pm and she wanted him gone.

Cue the call to me, luckily I`m only 10 minutes away, down I go and chase salesman away. As I marshalled him into his car, I swear he had tears in his eyes as he told me that his manager would be livid that he (salesman) had been invited into someone`s house, and left without closing the deal! He would be in deep shit in the fore noon.

Then, a couple of years later, mother phones another glazing company, and the guy recognises the name. His opening pitch was, "I hope you`re going to buy something this time!"

A different mob got the job!

No experience but they have all the characteristics of being a shit company, too big to care and sales people in the old style of pushing TIL the pips squeak. I’d prefer to use a local independent who’s been around a while with a steady presence, maybe use safe style for a cover quote just as a data point?

We have their "sales staff" (spotty kids) knocking on the door asking when we had our windows done and sucking their teeth, saying we need to have them replaced. They try shoving a leaflet at you but I just lie, tell them the house is rented and close the door.

Speaking as a Locksmith, I get to see a lot of so-called quality installations in recent and new build homes, as well as the upgrades people do on their permanent homes.

My experience of build and installation quality of Safestyle, is not good I'm afraid, with some customers calling me inside of 2 weeks of having theirs put in. In one instance, a family couldn't lock their front door (£900), and they'd first called Safestyle, who, with it being 9pm on a Saturday, didn't answer the phone. I discovered that the door hadn't been fitted properly, binding into the frame, which had resulted in the door gearbox (multipoint locking system) failing.

Not saying that they're all bad, but think carefully before taking the plunge.. If your County has a Safe Trader Scheme with the local Trading Standards Office, try asking them to put you to a reputable company or two, and gather quotes..

Another company worth avoiding is one called 'DG Solutions'. Their people are always out knocking on doors to try and drum up sales. I get one two or three times a year and it's always a scruffy-looking Herbert with the charisma of a dead hedgehog.

Have a sniff around for local trade suppliers, then go around and ask them for a couple of names of decent guys they do business with......... will save a fortune.

I needed 4 replacement misted units for my sun- room........ one of those "Window Doctors" came around, quoted £900.

Got them made up for £175, a couple of chisels to pop the beads, a rubber mallet to persuade them back in........... 2 hours on my own.

I sought a quote from them to replace my soffits and guttering. The rep was classic pressure sales, even when I told him I was aware of his sales technique he just couldn’t break out of it. I made a few polite indications I’d had enough and he should leave, which he ignored. This was about 15 years ago.

I didn’t use them and have no experience of their product or service though.
As he ignored the polite indications is he still with you !

Yeah Safestyle............had the local sales manager round when we replaced the windows some years ago, his opening line was 'you can't afford what I'm selling' as he pulled his demonstration unit out of it's bag. I stopped him at that point and told him in that case it's pointless him continuing, he was most put out especially as I asked him to leave...'.but but I've just dropped the wife in town'.......he was even more disturbed when I picked up his demonstration pack and put it outside at the end of the drive ,then held the door open for him to leave. Obnoxious little man.....Got a good deal with a local company no problems for the last 10-12 years.

As he ignored the polite indications is he still with you !
I trust there hasn't been any subsidence in the patio in the last 15 years?

Yeah Safestyle............had the local sales manager round when we replaced the windows some years ago, his opening line was 'you can't afford what I'm selling' as he pulled his demonstration unit out of it's bag. I stopped him at that point and told him in that case it's pointless him continuing, he was most put out especially as I asked him to leave...'.but but I've just dropped the wife in town'.......he was even more disturbed when I picked up his demonstration pack and put it outside at the end of the drive ,then held the door open for him to leave. Obnoxious little man.....Got a good deal with a local company no problems for the last 10-12 years.
That tallies with their reputation, just glad I've got no direct experience of them

We only looked at safestyle only because we were let down by a firm called Dunraven.

Had everything in place, installation should have been next week. SWMBO rang them only to find the order had been cancelled in December by their surveyor, probably under the " Not making enough money" clause.

Would have been nice of them to refund the £400 deposit in a timely fashion. It should be in my bank tomorrow. If it's not the excretia and the air conditioning will meet at great velocity.

(SWMBO is fooking evil about it)