Safe Seats and Rotten/Pocket Boroughs

ugly

LE
Seeing as how MPs would, if in the Civil Service, be classed as on detached duty when visiting Westminster from their constituency (or vice versa) that rate would be zero
Troops dont get zero though unless on ops and they serve this country, make Sodexho run the contract, that'll teach them!

Can't help thinking that that it would be a good time for some of those on this thread who moan about politicians to put themselves forward and stand for election although I suspect it might to be too much like hard work...

If you don't like it the hustings await you...
When UKIP first appeared on the scene, then known as the referendum party, I was approached to stand as a candidate for my area, I attended the selection interrogation, and was grilled for about 45 minutes. I was not chosen. The lady that was, did not live in the area she was representing, mine, and subsequently lost her deposit. My house became the local HQ for the dissemination of pamphlets and 10 minute Video cassettes, hundreds of them, to be put through every other letter box, on the assumption that it would be shared with a neighbour. about a dozen people from the ward spent two weeks or more traipsing the streets delivering Video cassettes and pamphlets, my living room was packed to the rafters with boxes and bags, so yes, in answer to your question, I have done what I thought was right and correct. Involved myself in local politics. Today some 17 years later, it has all paid off.

ugly

LE
So the subsistence allowances in JSP 752 have been abolished then?
Maybe they do now, didnt in my time, mind you the army looked after us a bit better

ugly

LE
The only subsistence allowance I got was on journeys exceeding 12 hours on duty and were rarely awarded. Best I got was for 27 hrs transit to Fort William for a snow and ice climbing course travelling from cornwall.

We used to do BACS tasks and got subbie for those included accomodation, food and travelling.

Yeah! More old white men! Please give us more of the same! Politicians are doing so well!
Im impressed - He suggests Retirement ages ( which would thin out old white place holders)
He then suggests a minimum age limit ensuring maturity and hopefuly some experience outside the bubble.

No where is colour mentioned Yet you start going on (again) about more old white men

Im looking at this and other contributions and coming to the conclusion that you are a chippy little bigot who wants to see racism wherever he looks so he can feel aggrieved and complain all white folks are racist.

Grow up

ugly

LE
Im impressed - He suggests Retirement ages ( which would thin out old white place holders)
He then suggests a minimum age limit ensuring maturity and hopefuly some experience outside the bubble.

No where is colour mentioned Yet you start going on (again) about more old white men

Im looking at this and other contributions and coming to the conclusion that you are a chippy little bigot who wants to see racism wherever he looks so he can feel aggrieved and complain all white folks are racist.

Grow up
There is an ignore button

There is an ignore button
There is indeed - I try not to use it even Bugsy makes a useful contribution sometimes - Widows made some valid points - he just seems now to be determined to see everything as racist -

Probably like the other RGJ and Muslims its not his intent hes just being a bit fixated

Grow up
Can you show where I have said all white people are racist?

Just quote it quickly please chap - shouldn’t take a second

There is indeed - I try not to use it even Bugsy makes a useful contribution sometimes - Widows made some valid points - he just seems now to be determined to see everything as racist -

Probably like the other RGJ and Muslims its not his intent hes just being a bit fixated
I apologise if I seem that way. I don’t see everything as racist at all - I hope you can see that.

I will continue to call out racism when I see it - and it exists strongly amongst a few posters

ugly

LE
You are such an optimist, I prefer to think they are bellthronks, however he has contributed a bit recently so I may review that later.