Safe Journey

I don’t know how I missed this thread after avidly following the original.
Well done to all those who risked having to speak to French people.
Phase 1 seems complete.
Sterling work.

Lovely idea, but honestly, I'd prefer that any left over goes to AWOL to give him a hand in getting set up. And for a better Christmas. Just my opinion, I'll still be happy whatever is decided. Well done chaps (and chapesses if any)

I always understood the collective to be Chasps - that from a thespian on my recruits course.

Tyk

LE
My bold.

Mate, there are three ARRSE maidens involved in this thing and they have all gone way, way past the call of duty. Supurb effort, and it hasn't stopped yet...

Well done to all involved so far and all that will be in the successful completion of this phase and the ultimate completion of the operation.

As I understand it, the terms of reference for the GFM monies are quite specific, to repatriate possessions and move/store in UK until such time as the principal can either house them in his property or self-fund their continued storage. There is a parallel effort to furnish and provide home comforts to the new accommodation he'll be taking on. Can I suggest that if you want to put a few quid in the principals pocket for a happier Christmas, shelving for his fsking books or whatever, then you don't put it in the GFM pot. We can do it another way.

I've two storage lockers. One of them is a temporary hiring for 6 months. A six month period which started in 2016...

Having to hold onto a locker for a month or so longer than planned could be an additional burden/stress given all the other calls on money, thus having a reserve from GFM - intended for the purpose, after all - to utilise if required would be a good move.

I'd second the idea of 'alternative means' to GFM making sense.

RaiderBoat

War Hero
Back over English soil. Well done chaps.:cool:

View attachment 620350
ED780303-D9BB-47E7-9322-020BCB314933.jpeg

RaiderBoat

War Hero
Just as well; @Awol promised to buy everyone who helped him a pie and pint. So whatever hasn't been spent on the missions itself will go to cover that. ;)
Great!
Damn! I gotta fly across the Pond for my pie and beer.

I Hearby Authorize Werewolf To Receive And Imbibe My Pie and Pint.
Written This Holy Day of 5 December in The Year Of Our Lord, and Black Baby Jesus, 2021.

As I understand it, the terms of reference for the GFM monies are quite specific, to repatriate possessions and move/store in UK until such time as the principal can either house them in his property or self-fund their continued storage. There is a parallel effort to furnish and provide home comforts to the new accommodation he'll be taking on. Can I suggest that if you want to put a few quid in the principals pocket for a happier Christmas, shelving for his fsking books or whatever, then you don't put it in the GFM pot. We can do it another way.
Atributable to an admin error, One may have about 20 shelves sitting about getting in the way. Vogue, kosher approx 18inch x 24.
20-off? free to collect Western that london

Lovely idea, but honestly, I'd prefer that any left over goes to AWOL to give him a hand in getting set up. And for a better Christmas. Just my opinion, I'll still be happy whatever is decided. Well done chaps (and chapesses if any)

Same here. Just being being about help is reward enough.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
@Teeblerone @Archimedes Can I suggest a separate 'Kitting out Awol's flat and putting a bit of cash in his pocket for Christmas' thread? - just so there's a focal point.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I still think @Awol should be walking 100 laps of his van to get the money.
Or put up with Lenny Henry* filming his plight.

*personally I'd rather do 100 laps of the world.

Great work one and all. I needed a bit of cheering up.