Safe Journey

Looking after one of ours one of the core values of the British Soldier
Oi....and sailors, we helped too!

1638740974850.png

ipso_facto

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's this in a nutshell.

I understand the eagerness to find out exactly what has been going on, but please understand, that posting stuff on here has really thown some spanners in our well oiled and our well meaning cogs. There have been some, er, obstacles. I will be writing a full and frank post at endex.

Please bear with us, and thank you all for your support.

This is a cracking thread by the way.

Just as well; @Awol promised to buy everyone who helped him a pie and pint. So whatever hasn't been spent on the missions itself will go to cover that. ;)
Lovely idea, but honestly, I'd prefer that any left over goes to AWOL to give him a hand in getting set up. And for a better Christmas. Just my opinion, I'll still be happy whatever is decided. Well done chaps (and chapesses if any)

I half expect to wake up tomorrow and find this Thread has been put through the Cyber Shredder just to maintain Op/Persec. So before I get my(very)badly-needed beauty sleep, I'll just leave you with this,

About a week and a half ago, @Awol was in a very dark place, holding on to life itself by his fingernails. Since then, members of this site have railed around in a such a way that, "breath-taking" doesn't even do the response justice. Thousands of pounds raised. A logistically tricky rescue mission planned and carried out flawlessly against a very tight schedule. Numerous problems either side-stepped or simply ignored. Once ARRSEr's had decided to help Awol, nothing was going to stop them. Not even having to interact with(shudder)the French.o_O

Members gave up not only their hard-earned but also their time and labour. All for a bloke the majority have never even met in the flesh, and for no reward beyond the knowledge of a good deed done well(and maybe a pie and a pint.;))

Gentlemen, ladies and those types J K Rowling isn't too fond of - I salute you all. People may talk of the power and influence of the Freemasons, the Knights of St Columbus or even the Mafia. You know what I say? ARRSE shits 'em, :1:

So as a certain Mr Allan - no, not the chap with the Snack Bar, the other one - used to sign off,

"Good night, and may your God go with you":salut:

Lovely idea, but honestly, I'd prefer that any left over goes to AWOL to give him a hand in getting set up. And for a better Christmas. Just my opinion, I'll still be happy whatever is decided. Well done chaps (and chapesses if any)

I was joking, of course. I suggested when this first started that the fund be kept open until Xmas, and any money not required for the mission itself be given to @Awol as a Christmas present. It remains to be seen if this is possible, but if it is, I'm happy to chuck another few quid in the pot next payday.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
As I understand it, the terms of reference for the GFM monies are quite specific, to repatriate possessions and move/store in UK until such time as the principal can either house them in his property or self-fund their continued storage. There is a parallel effort to furnish and provide home comforts to the new accommodation he'll be taking on. Can I suggest that if you want to put a few quid in the principals pocket for a happier Christmas, shelving for his fsking books or whatever, then you don't put it in the GFM pot. We can do it another way.

Last edited:

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
My bold.

Mate, there are three ARRSE maidens involved in this thing and they have all gone way, way past the call of duty. Supurb effort, and it hasn't stopped yet...

My bold.

Mate, there are three ARRSE maidens involved in this thing and they have all gone way, way past the call of duty. Supurb effort, and it hasn't stopped yet...

Very good perhaps this will show Awol that not all of the female species are the same as the one in his personal life . Well done the girls and the lads

Latest Threads