Safe Journey

I remember her during the Best Gun competition down in Graf in 1978. Perched on the front of a landrover filing her nails whilst the M107s lined up battery by battery in the direct fire anti tank role (which seemed to entail peering down the barrel which at that point was parallel with the ground, making sure you could see the target hulk then giving the hulk the good news at 1000m with a HE round nearly as heavy as the blokes on the gun)
I never even thought that the M107 had sights for direct fire.

Superb team effort … I raise my hat to all involved … including our agents on the ground in foreign parts

Arrse is indeed a strangely unique forum . Now and again there are threads which are truly memorable , such as the Princess Production saga . This and its other associated threads however are on an even higher plane and I am sure will be talked about for a long , long time to come … and there is more … the saga is not yet over .

colditz.jpg

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
My Co went to Nigeria

It's funny how memories can be brought up. The Ach Adj, of which you talk, was a tiny petite thing, she had a golden retriever.

When I was ATC before I signed on, we had a couple of sheds. One was full of radio gear (A full Halifax radio system) the other had not been opened in years. I opened it and found a couple of Bantams. I managed to get one running, least said about that the better. Dumping the clutch, didn't work, neither did pointing it at a wall and trying to pull the HT cable ended with lots of FXXXXXX
Ha. A lifetime ago, attached to a Gunner Regiment the new Ack Adjt had a surname identical to a distinctly male Christian name (oops, sorry, am I meant to say forename?). Day 1 in RHQ she arrived in woolly pully order with a name tape sewn on. The RSM’s first words to her were “Hello Ma’am. What’s the other one called?”

It didn't...

Sighted down the tube.
Not the best way to engage a T72 coming for you at a rate of knots I would think.

Brilliant.
Absolutely brilliant.
Any news on the funds, or is our next mission going to be a raid on a certain head office?

When I say 'our', I mean you lot....I haven't got a passport.

Brilliant.
Absolutely brilliant.
Any news on the funds, or is our next mission going to be a raid on a certain head office?

When I say 'our', I mean you lot....I haven't got a passport.
There was an earlier post saying the funds were sorted.

Latest Threads