Sadr Runs From Surge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sven, Feb 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just hunt him down and kill him.

2. failure to slot the cnut is one reason why Bagdhad is a mess. The fecker had an arrest warrant for murder out on him and was never taken into custody or shot on sight. :frustrated:

3. It's the Dukes of Hazzard plotline for starting another war.

Deputy General: "Shucks Boss Dubya, I'd have had him but he got away over the State line. Can we invade it?"

Boss Dubya: "Those cotton-pickin' Iranistans!"

;)

4. He can see what's coming.

5. Yeah, let's eliminate every popular Iraqi nationalist leader who's not in the Persians pocket ... that'll help ... Tehran.

Seriously though, something about this doesn't feel right. The fact he's bugged out is no surprise, but to Iran ? They'd rather see him dead than alive and cosying up to the Persians will cut into his support base. Maybe the US are starting to get their IO sh!t together ?

6. I think you'll find he is very much in the Persian's pocket. Or do you think he's just nipped over to Tehran for some duty-free?

Whack that sombitch, finger members of his own party for it.

7. In a culture where knowledge and experience are given their due respect, unlike his Father and the Marja - Al Sistani, this odious little sh1t has neither. Ironically, Saddam said it all on the gallows " Muqtada ! Who is Muqtada!? ".

Mag to grid, get rid. :threaten:

8. If I'm not mistaken Sadr is Shia and as such closer to Iran then he would be to Syria. I don't see Sadr as a popular Iraqi "nationalist" he is on the otherhand a puppet of Iran's President Tom...his malitia is after all named "Mahdi Army" and President Tom is all about the Mahdi and the return of the 12th Imam

9. PTP, is that "duty free, IED?" by any chance?

10. Of course it could be said that Sadr remains committed to the political process and that any demise would possibly hasten in a large number of less pleasant types who may encourage a serious uprising rather than what we have now? Frankly he's better off alive than dead - even if he is a mong.

11. I see, make life as unpleasant as possible, then say you're committed to the political process" whilst your followers kidnap, torture , kill and maim, under your direction.

Simultaneously build a power base, whilst obstructing democracy at every turn.

After all , it's better than the alternative.

But is it?

12. "I see, make life as unpleasant as possible, then say you're committed to the political process" whilst your followers kidnap, torture , kill and maim, under your direction.

Simultaneously build a power base, whilst obstructing democracy at every turn.

After all , it's better than the alternative.

But is it? "

Yes!

While Sadr is a seriously nasty bloke, his followers still listen to him. Currently the majority of the JAM are not attacking MNF, but if something unpleasant happens to him then that changes. I'd suggest the death of Sadr would result in us leaving in a hurry, mainly because the Shia and Sunni populations would be running simaltaneous insurgencies.

Whether we like it or not, he is the face of Iraqi politics today. We can ignore him, but with 28 seats in the COR and a number of ministries, theres a limit to how long we can put our fingers in our ears going "naaah naah can't hear you till you're democratic".

13. There is no evidence that he has gone to Iran, the only people reporting this are the Yanks. It maybe that he does indeed receive some sort of support from Iran but the fact remains that Sadrist popular rhetoric is actually Anti-Iranian. Sadr has made much of the foreign origins of Sistani (Iranian) and the influence that foreigners (read Iran and the US) have over SCIRI and Maliki.

14. He is still a twat and deserves to die, WTF just top him and blame his own followers. There will be such a rush to kill each other that if we move fast we could secure some form of security elsewhere in Iraq as they implode.