Sadly, another destination for the outrage bus

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Nov 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

SICK thieves have stolen bronze plaques honouring soldiers who lost their lives for their country - just days before Remembrance Sunday.

It is thought the five panels, which were ripped off the war memorial at Philips Park, in the Bradford area of east Manchester, will be sold as scrap - they will cost £10,000 to replace.

Veterans have reacted with fury.

I trust whoever receives these stolen goods will do the decent thing.

2. I'll get the POL key. :x :x :x :x
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Can somebody drive, I think I am still over the limit.

But I hope they catch the barstards who have done this.
  4. We'll need a GS trailer for the ropes and pitchforks this time. Pikey scum.
  5. happened in wigan a few months ago... all i thought was "utter scumbuckets"
  6. What a buch of total disabilities.
  7. ..and Plymouth.

In addition to being thoroughly outraged I'm also puzzled that replacements are made in Australia. Surely there must be someone who can do this kind of thing nearer to home. Even better, that whoever is approached to 'recycle' the plaques returns them and turns the theives in (after administering some corrective therapy).
  8. Is anyone suprised at this?
  9. Yeah, course they will

Almost certainly nicked by thieving pikey's who run most of the scrap businesses in the UK

I've seen the differences in prices paid at scrap metal yards between pikeys and normal humans so I wouldnt hold your breath on these turning up.
  10. I agree, but weren't the Plymouth theives bubbled by a scrapman?