SADDAM TO SUE OVER PRISON PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by yannie, May 20, 2005.

?
  1. He is a murdering b*stard, but it is worth a fiver to see Wade get sacked

68.8%
  2. Yes

18.8%
  3. No

12.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Melbourne Herald Sun
    Saddam to sue over prison photos
    BBC News - 47 minutes ago
    Saddam Hussein plans to take legal action after a British newspaper published photos of him half-naked in his prison cell and doing his washing. "We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing this.

2. Is he going to add the proceeds of the action to his Swiss bank account?
    He's going to have some problems trying to spend any of it.

3. Id like the Kurdish people to sue Saddam for Gassing them a few years back.

SK

4. public interest. not a chance in this country.

5. Public interest - my a*se! Financial interests of Sc*m's owners more likely.
    What public interest is there in showing saddam in his cacks for Gods sake! Other than to sell papers!?!

It'll just fuel a backlash and sympathy from the locals who will be pi*sed off big time by his humiliation. Have we learnt nothing of the arab mentality in the past couple of years!

Al Qaeda will be laughing all the way to the bomb dump...

6. Nakedness is a big no-no in Arab culture.

Wonder how many of "Our Lads" lives will be sacrificed to keep the Sun's circulation high enough so that Rebekah holds onto her job for another few months?

7. I have to agree. Publishing those photos was stupid. I feel for the men/women in Iraq now. Just one more reason for the insurgents to "rise up" and kill us (US AND Brits). It was stupid and, moreover, just a grab for money.

People just suck in general and will do anything for more money...

8. Phil, you would just not believe how phenomenally sh*t most of our national press is.

The Broadsheets aren't too bad, although they each have their own little agendas, but the Tabloids are just a complete and utter f*cking cess-pool.

They are all fighting like rats in a barrel for a shrinking readership, and they will f*ck over absolutely anybody and anything just to keep their circulations up.

9. I have to say, if Saddam sets up a fighting fund to sue the Sun, I'm in for a fiver. Hideous scumbag maggoty paper. Oh Lord, please let the Hague tribunal summon Rebekah Wade and throw her in jail for fifty years for 'crimes against humanity'...

10. Amen.

The first charge should be being party to keeping this buffoon's acting career going far beyond it's natural span.. :D

[​IMG]

11. 1. How, particularly after the Abu Ghraib fiasco, does one get a camera into a maximum security prison containing the most important prisoner in the country?

2. How and from whom did The Sun get a copy of that picture?

3. Who is really in control of the prison in which that particular prisoner is lodged?

4. Who benefits from further infuriating the Iraqis?

12. It said on BBC Radio4 tonight that the U.S. believes the photos were taken a year or more ago.

I agree with everyone that notes what shameless, selfish scum the Sun editors/owner are. How can they claim to support the troops (that's calculated bollox for a start) and then publish photos that they MUST have known would endanger British and other lives? :x They de-base themselves, their readership, and the whole of Britain. I long for the day when people vote with their conscience and STOP BUYING THAT F****** GUTTER RAG!

13. Could not believe this when I saw it on the front of the Sun!
    If one Serviceman/woman is harmed as a result of this, we will know who to blame. Who was the knobend who took and released the picture?
    It says a lot about the security in there!
    Sadman Poostain might be an arch baddy & general asshole, but what do we look like now? This is a clear breach of the Geneva convention.
    I occasionally buy the sun to see what crap the public are being fed,I think in future my hard earned pennys will stay in my pocket,or go on something worth reading.

14. The Government SHOULD very publicly back any civil action Saddam wants to take against 'The Scum"

Why?

Because it might make some very pissed off Sunni think twice about taking a shot at our team. What a mess, and every time we ask you to boycott this f*cking rag , it's just apathy. How many times does this 'Newspaper' have to screw us over, before people think enough is enough?

I'm half tempted to design a 'I'm backing Saddam to F*ck the Sun" :twisted:

The paper that "backs our boys" my Arrse.

15. OK lets stop feeding the sh1theads!
    Boycott the SUN!