Saddam to adopt scorched earth policy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Dec 19, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www2.dailycamera.com/bdc/nation_world_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2420_1619966,00.html

The officials, briefing reporters at the Pentagon, said they have evidence Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has plans to wreck his own infrastructure to foster a humanitarian crisis and turn international opinion against any U.S. and British advance into his territory

"A number of countries have prepared for operations like this in the past, but not executed them," said Anthony Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Virtually everybody who has watched Iraq in action and is familiar with their military tactics probably thinks that Saddam will not go gently into that good night."

No sh*t Sherlock, you think? How much money does the British Government pay to this bunch of retired gin-swigging,dodgy dossier preparing, rent-a-quote-from-a-retired-dinosaur clowns?

2. Far, far too much money. :mad:

3. Let me see, from the top of my head...

Wellingtons winter retreat during the Peninsular campaign

Churchills denial plan of 1940

Wavells infrastructure denial in North Africa in 1941

Stalins 1941 actions, that denied German Forces, their foraging component

That'll be £2,000,000 please - KA-CHIIIIIIING  ;D

4. Not forgetting the Japanese plans in WWII on Okinawa et al - £250,000 please

5. US Forces in the Phillipines 1941 and 1995 - lol - £100,000

USAF in Oxfordshire 1993- £10,000

British Forces in Greece in 1941 - £50.00

Blimey Liney, this is easy money ain't it....   ;D

6. How many times have you been on a course and been told "there's marks for stating the bloody obvious"-there's oviously money too.

7. Hmmmmmm, how about another obvious statement, that we can send an invoice on,( to help with the running costs of Arrse you understand......)

Let me see....