Saddam Hussein, looking back, was he really the bad guy we all thought he was?

Shovel Recce

Clanker
I think now, he was the right man for the job. It was just his big gob and Borat soup strainer that got him slotted.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Depends on who you compare him too.
Now the state Iraq is in now I suggest he was doing a bloody good job in difficult circumstances.
And compared to The Dear Leader of N Korea, we'll I'd have had Saddam around for dinner any night, along with Colonel Gadhafi. Should be an interesting night. that Cnut Blair can do the waiting on and then the washing up afterwards!

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
Iraq was a far better place with him at the helm than the fucking disaster it is now.

CQMS

LE
A visionary, fitted up by Tony Blair over moustache envy. He will take his rightful place in history alongside other victims like Peter Sutcliffe and Dennis Nilson.

Shovel Recce

Clanker
I honestly think it takes somebody with his ruthlessness to control all the warring factions in these countries, it worked for Tito in the former Yugoslavia, looked what happened when he bought the farm, it all went to ratshit in the Balkans.

I honestly think it takes somebody with his ruthlessness to control all the warring factions in these countries, it worked for Tito in the former Yugoslavia, looked what happened when he bought the farm, it all went to ratshit in the Balkans.
Unfair.
I blame the rest of The Jackson 4 for that.

Shovel Recce

Clanker
Maybe if he'd just shaved off the soup strainer, spanking new hair cut and stop wearing a beret shaped by a pay corps private he might have faired better with the west

Shovel Recce

Clanker
I admit it was a bit naughty doing that stuff to the Kurds and the 8 year war with Iran and getting a bit tasty with the Kuwaitis, but apart from that, top bloke!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And Tito was well liked.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think his foreign policies, even if you include Iran and Kuwait were a bit more thought out than Bliar's.
Bloody hell we'll be saying Hitler was just misunderstood and it was all lost in translation next!

A misunderstood entrepreneur with two playful scamps for sons ,what was not to like?
The cheeky buggers.... kidnapping and raping young girls and offing the national football team for being wank... Always mucking about they were...!

G

goatrutar

I think we're all missing the point. Saddam was the most stylish dictator by a long shot.

Latest Threads